FREE Saracen catalogs now available.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere

UPDATE: 2011 Saracen catalogues now available, just PM me with your name/postal address and I'll send you a copy.

VERY proud to announce that we have got Saracen on board with us now for the 2012 season to compliment the excellent value that is Dartmoor bikes. We now have a some of the best value components and bikes you can get as take on the OS price war.​

Who is Saracen?

Saracen is one of Britain's best known bicycle brands. Started in 1987, Saracen was a market leader during the early 90's and in 2009 the brand was acquired by Madison, the UK's number 1 distributor to the independent bike retailer. We're passionate about bikes and we love cycling. We believe in great

design, quality and affordability. Every part of this range has been put together with you in mind; whether you're looking for a bike to rip the local trail centres, a bike to get to work on or a quality bike for your kids, you'll find it here.

The very lovable Rob Warner and Steve peat both rode for Saracen in the early 90's before peaty moved onto the MBUK team.

What kind of a bikes do Saracen do?

Saracen do a wide range of bikes from childrens, bmx, to downhill and beautiful Ti bikes, for now we will be focusing on the higher end performance gear from Dj to the lovely 700cc commuter bikes ( yes,we're opening our market up.)

Do Saracen have any top athletes on their bikes?

They sure do, one of the best junior world teams coming out actually, check them out.

Enough chit chat! show us some bikes and prices!

Myst X and Ariel X frames are sold until Spring, so plenty of time to save. Complete bikes will be available for pre-order. contact us about this.

700cc

First up off the ranks something a little different, introducing urban range with us bringing in 3 models ranging from $849- $1499. ( mike pictured):

"Not the usual run-of-the-mill 700c commuting bikes, but a stylish new range for the image conscious. All feature our lightweight and fast alloy frame that's tough enough to take on potholes or the occasional off-road jaunt. A mixture of mountain bike style with the practicalities of city riding dressed with a hint of fixie style."

Dirt Jumpers

Next up, the Dirt jump range, with Lance Mcderrmot on board, these bikes have had plenty of development at them over the last little while. We are covering the CR2, CR3 and AL 1 + ALX frame which range from: $549 (frame only)-$1599 ( $999 CR 2 pictured)

All mountain Hardtails

"Ready for a new generation of trail hardtail? Looking for a bike that can take whatever you decide to throw at it? A weekend at Glentress? A session at Chicksands? Want just
one bike in your garage? Welcome to the Zen range; Our UK designed aggressive trail screamers. We've developed a long travel capable chassis that's light, long and slack giving you the tool to attack steeper, faster and more hardcore terrain. With a lightweight chassis designed around 130/140mm travel forks, the Zen is a hardcore range of bikes build to ride wherever the trail takes you." Couldn't sum this bike up any better, a bike that has been needed in Australia for a while now! so we are stoked to bring it to the scene! Prices from $1299-$2499 ( $2199 zen 3 pictured)

XC Trail hardtails

"The Kili range of bikes is our homage to the past. Classic lines cut from state-of-the-art Cromo and Titanium tubes, using contemporary XC trail geometry running 120mm travel. Each handcrafted frame has been built to craftsmen from the Kili Cromo 1 to our fillet brazed Reynolds 853 Kili Flyer. Modern day classic XC bikes built for today's riders, 24hr races, weekend warriors and you. The Kili Ti is an epic bike. Beauty and substance in one perfectly formed package. Cold drawn seamless 3AI/2.5V butted Titanium tubeset built with fast trail geometry in a frame that will last a lifetime. Strictly limited numbers available in a full 30 speed Shimano Deore XT DynaSys build, or take a frameset and build your ultimate bike." BANG. I'll let the price and pic tell the rest. Prices from $1299-$4999* from the crmo frames to completes. ( $4999 Ti kili flyer pictured)

All Mountain Dual suspension

The one that started the rebirth, a bike that took to mind that big guys rode AM too, people wanted choice, and that adjustable seat posts are here to stay. Introducing the Ariel, getting some of the best value reviews across the globe. Tapered head tubes, various rear axle choices and butted tubing make this ready for action.
Starting from only $2899-$3999 ( yes Trance/Reign pricing range guys.)

oh and guys, the very nice Ariel X (google that at your own risk lads and ladettes):
$1649, available in Spring 2011.

Downhill racers

Yep, thats right, the MYST is coming to Australia in Spring 2011. The highly acclaimed, and dirt's choice for the top 100 best mountain bike products of 2011 COVER shot goes to this bad boy:

All the right numbers, all the parts ready to start racing on a budget, or build it up with a custom spec to go win your local world cup against your mates.

Frame only $2299, complete $3799 ( cheaper RRP than glory DH1 and same price as kona operator DH for those playing along at home.)

Summary

In summing up we are very excited! Saracen has had a very big 2011 season selling out of the Myst, and Ariel X frames. If you have any questions please email us info@fearlesscycles.com.au

Complete bike or ti/chrome frame interest and pre-order inquiries can be emailed the above account.

Last edited:

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
friggen sweet.
And great to see someone who is so friendly and willing to help has the brand as opposed to some of the other importers of bike gear.
and i thought i decided i was going to get a dubel 2up as my next ride... that ariel X is sick

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
friggen sweet.
And great to see someone who is so friendly and willing to help has the brand as opposed to some of the other importers of bike gear.
and i thought i decided i was going to get a dubel 2up as my next ride... that ariel X is sick
Thanks man, I just love bikes, I'm stoked that we've got a range of bikes that can match the price point of Dartmoor components, really makes it a great pair!

Anyone wanting a print based catalog can email us and I'll send out a free copy when they land in a few weeks.

Get Mounted

Likes Dirt
Melbourne?

Put me down for a catalogue....where in Melbourne will we be able to check out your bikes in the flesh (alloy)?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Put me down for a catalogue....where in Melbourne will we be able to check out your bikes in the flesh (alloy)?
Saracen's pricing and structure (eg even with their OWN RRP guides in the UK) actually hasn't factored in dealers, seems all distributors will be direct for their countries as a part of trying to create less of the OS war issue.

We could force a dealer section but the price would jump significantly and cause our prices to alot higher than the OS benchmark, and we want to offer a fair price for the end user first in todays global market..

Our other ranges stay dealer based.

Checking them out will be possible with booked test rides ( on the local XC/AM trails) for those come Spring all going well.

Last edited:

floody

Wheel size expert
Now no offence here but boutique? Saracen are the Avanti of the UK, quite literally, and thats a few pegs up from their period as a Halfords (think Repco) store brand.

That said...The AM dually has had great reviews and looks sound. I really like the ALX frameset and the Kili Flyer cro-mo. The AM hardtail is something Australia doesn't really have as a complete anywhere else in the market. All the parts choices look sensible and well thought out.

Good luck with it, always good to have a new brand in the marketplace, especially a workmanlike, down to earth, no gimmicks one like Saracen

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Now no offence here but boutique? Saracen are the Avanti of the UK, quite literally, and thats a few pegs up from their period as a Halfords (think Repco) store brand.

That said...The AM dually has had great reviews and looks sound. I really like the ALX frameset and the Kili Flyer cro-mo. The AM hardtail is something Australia doesn't really have as a complete anywhere else in the market. All the parts choices look sensible and well thought out.

Good luck with it, always good to have a new brand in the marketplace, especially a workmanlike, down to earth, no gimmicks one like Saracen
Over there yes they are quiet mainstream, but here they won't be that way, and we have avoided pricing it as a "boutique" brand to reflect that fact. You see plenty of Oranges over there, yet their still considered boutique here.

It's like buying a commodore in Singapore is considered that, but every dog and his neighbor has one here. All in context is all I was aiming at. Not trying to put them into the much beloved aftermarket USA branded frames that so many are fond of.

Madison have and are working to take the Brand back to their days, a stage that numerous companies have been through ( iron horse, mongoose, schwinn etc) have been on.

But yeah, they have been trying to bring something to the field that other players haven't filled, the AM hardtail I feel would be perfect for so many Aussies who ride at places like You Yangs and the Ariel really delievers that burly AM ride.

Think it open's a door for those who want the value of Australia's big players but with a bike that gives the same feeling as spending the extra to get something different, just adding to the choices that consumers can make at the end of the day. :)

Last edited: