Freecaster TV tonight

Vinelink

Likes Dirt
Does anyone know if Freecaster will charge again like Maribor for viewing the DH tonight?

Do not say anything about it on Freecaster now!!

B.utters

Likes Dirt
It resets for me and last night I was getting some sort of error on the vid which was pretty anoying. Aside from that it was pretty decent.

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I tried watching for 10 minutes and it kept stuffing up. Then I found out it was on Austar :)

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
mine was perfect the whole time, not even a glitch. I think it being at the Fort made a difference from Maribor. Commentating was good too.

I still believe if your feed is bad its your net.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
mine was perfect the whole time, not even a glitch. I think it being at the Fort made a difference from Maribor. Commentating was good too.

I still believe if your feed is bad its your net.
Yep , commentary was good last night. Lots of guests , interesting banter and classic CG. Spot on.

Re the stream : Last night I tried to watch the 4X replay , it was hopeless , stop start etc until it "reset" itself back to the home screen after a few minutes. (Even the player gave up !) So I tuned into the MX GP from France , it ran perfectly.

For the DH , it started pretty crap but slowly got better. The audio was constant but the video would only run in bursts. I kept getting error messages which would either stop the stream or not affect it at all. The error messsage would stay on the screen (very annoying). Refreshing got rid of it but it took a while to get the stream back up and running so I went full screen and put up with it.

Around the last 20 riders , it came good. No stalling , no lag , perfect. I don't know what the hell goes on with stuff like this (internet) but I can't understand how my net connection could cause the 4X replay to barely play and minutes later the MX to be perfect. (Both from Freecaster) :confused:

paulb

Likes Dirt
I had about the best coverage I've had from freecaster for last night's downhill. A couple of minor freezes but the only real interruptions were from going back and forward to get rid of that 'could not load video information' error message which sits dead centre on the screen. I also ended up just putting up with the error message - at least it's semi-transparent. Otherwise it was great.

boysik

Pro Rider
Average

Had no luck at all, got Warner for 10 seconds every minute and footage for half that.

Very frustrated as had been watching the MX on Freecaster earlier and it was perfect...

ADSL2+ etc, no where near down load limit, blah blah blah. Bloody cyberspace...

I bet all it would take is for some tech guy to put his Milleniulm Falcon or Starship Enterprise model down for 20 seconds to get it all working!

Burgertron

Likes Dirt
Cam Cole....

:rolleyes:
The error msg was annoying I'll admit.... but how awesome was Cam Cole ??
He might have taken the Vulcan if he hadnt been whipping it left right and centre :cool:

rstwosix

Likes Dirt
Had the best freecaster experience ever last night. Constant picture except for the occasional lag here and there and then it went perfectly without one pause for the top 20 mens. Commentating was great with mad Warner back and when CG joined him behind the microphone in it was damn near perfect. Speaking of CG - after his chainguide jammed (I think that was the problem), his jumping display on the last section of the track was a real hoot!

dunndog

Eats Squid
I watched it on eurosport on foxtel, so ofcourse the feed was perfect, but there was a fair chunk of the track missing, ie the entire wooded section.. wondering if anyone had an eye on both, and how much worse was the eurosport footage than the freecaster? IE camera positions, coverage of course, commentary etc. cos if the eurosport coverage is as good or almost as freecaster that will definately be the way i'll watch the series!