freecoaster help!

freecoaster of your choice...

• Total voters

Br0wn!e

Likes Bikes
i pull mine apart maybe once every 2 or 3 months depending on where im riding (dusty, wet etc etc)
you can tell it needs some more grease because it feels 'rough'
i dont do anything except wipe the old grease off and use some fresh stuff.
i just put a nice layer of grease over everything. a mm or two thick. nothing excessive but enough that theres no metal on metal contact
thanx rhysrhysbaby!! ummm what do you use to put it on???

Br0wn!e

Likes Bikes
i see....
well just to add a little bit more spice to this thread, im gonna make it a poll to see what the population think...

i would also like to say thanx to all the guyz who contributed to my undestanding of freecoasters etc...and helped me come to a final decision on the freecoaster that is right for me...

thanx,
Br0wn!e.

Last edited:

Br0wn!e

Likes Bikes
oh and one more thing...ummm i saw in a few replies people talking about 'studs', what are they exactly?? cause the video on the first page doesn't show anything about 'studs'...
(i know, a very dumb question to some of you, but as i said: Br0wn!e+freecoaster knowledge=not happening)haha

thanx,
Br0wn!e.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
oh and one more thing...ummm i saw in a few replies people talking about 'studs', what are they exactly?? cause the video on the first page doesn't show anything about 'studs'...
(i know, a very dumb question to some of you, but as i said: Br0wn!e+freecoaster knowledge=not happening)haha

thanx,
Br0wn!e.
these are studs.

two of them screw into this middle axle.

to then go inside this hub.

Br0wn!e

Likes Bikes
once again, thanx rhysrhysbaby, but some people say you can grind on the studs??? that doesn't sound to good...and if you could, would that mean you call stall on them as well???
oh and people often state that they are pegs so they're not keen on running a 3-piece axle...why can't you run a 3-piece axle with pegs???

Br0wn!e

Likes Bikes
so let me get this straight, running pegs with a 3-piece axle is not a good idea...but is fine with a 1-piece axle, so that means running pegs is not an option for me as i want to run a khe geisha street freecoaster which as i was told is a 3-piece axle...
but do 1-piece axled freecoasters have studs??? and does the khe reverse freecoaster fall under this category???

thanx,
Br0wn!e.

xero

Supersports
Okay, from the top:
KHE Geisha Street (pictured): 3 piece axel system, cr-mo clutch ( Bronze colour)
KHE Geisha Lite: 3 Piece axel system, alloy/ cr-mo clutch ( Grey colour)
Basically the same as the "street" but uses the flatland model clutch to lighten it up.
Both run studs and can be used with pegs, however most riders running pegs will go for the Reverse.

Reverse (pictured): 1 piece axel, cr-mo clutch ( Black or White)

Hope that makes it easier....

Attachments

xero

Supersports
More strength in the one piece axel, and no studs to come loose.

(I have never known of the studs in the 3 piece axel coming loose with pegs, but in theory it could happen).

Thats pretty much it.....

Br0wn!e

Likes Bikes
so no problems with running pegs on a 3-piece axle then???
how much do studs cost to replace if breakages do happen??
in fact, what are the consequences of running pegs on a 3-piece axle and something is to go wrong???

thanx,
Br0wn!e.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
i work with a guy like you, he never takes anyones word and always has to confirm and ask questions again and again. it is very annoying.

im not answering anymore questions as it has already been answered and if it hasnt, its because its common sense and doesnt need to be stated.

hope it all works out for you.