Freecoasters

• Thread starter Deleted member 18757
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18757

Should I stick with my Federal freecoaster, or should I buy a TN Rollacoaster or a Nankai Techno? I ride street and park. I have had quite alot of problems with my Federal freecoaster and was wondering if the others would be less work. Is it easy to put the Nankai internals into a profile shell? Is it as simple as just sliding it in and doing it all up? Thanks, any input appreciated.

DANCLOSH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dont get the techno

either get the nankai bamboo, or track down one of the original Povery Freecoasters, or wait until the revamped one comes out

I know, i know, poverty parts have a generally bad rep, but not the coaster, best design out there.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
what issues have you been having with your federal? if its just driver bearings that have been playing up, get a 3 piece axle like the one that came in the geisha, it doesnt put as much pressure on the driver bearings and is a bit lighter also.

technoboy

Dirty Imports
get the TN rollar buy extra pauls cause they only come with two but there is holes for 4...
I kNOW??? WTF?? they sound like a casset when back pedaling..

Nankai Bamboo heaps hevy compaierd to the TN/RC works well but you cant buy replacment cone nuts i have one but i cant use it because i snapped the bolt.

Nankai's are sweet cause they have heaps of ajustment when i get my rolla coaster going with more slack it will be awesome to though...

profile nankai (techno lite) shell is easy but make sure you buy a LONDON BIKES TI 10mm axel and a Quamens dust cover 14mm hop ups and there just as good as all the above...

Tuff nec RC is probably the least to maintain and works wicked if you can ajust the slack its says its really easy but i still cant figure it out..
i'll keep you posted ;-)

as for poverty yes Ian shwarts uses one but his is totally modifyed Poverty is pov...

D

Deleted member 18757

what issues have you been having with your federal? if its just driver bearings that have been playing up, get a 3 piece axle like the one that came in the geisha, it doesnt put as much pressure on the driver bearings and is a bit lighter also.
I am not completely sure but I think that its the bearings. I have in 3 spacers, but my engagement changes anywhere from the usual to a full pedal. Is that what would cause it? And with the 3 piece axle, can I run pegs with that? I heard that you can't run pegs with the Geisha because its got a 3 piece axle.

derelikt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
get the TN rollar buy extra pauls cause they only come with two but there is holes for 4...
I kNOW??? WTF?? they sound like a casset when back pedaling..

Nankai Bamboo heaps hevy compaierd to the TN/RC works well but you cant buy replacment cone nuts i have one but i cant use it because i snapped the bolt.

Nankai's are sweet cause they have heaps of ajustment when i get my rolla coaster going with more slack it will be awesome to though...

profile nankai (techno lite) shell is easy but make sure you buy a LONDON BIKES TI 10mm axel and a Quamens dust cover 14mm hop ups and there just as good as all the above...

Tuff nec RC is probably the least to maintain and works wicked if you can ajust the slack its says its really easy but i still cant figure it out..
i'll keep you posted ;-)

as for poverty yes Ian shwarts uses one but his is totally modifyed Poverty is pov...
Ian schwartz's hub has only had material ground off to make the gap bigger, And also converted the axle to female.......Not that much modifying

I am not completely sure but I think that its the bearings. I have in 3 spacers, but my engagement changes anywhere from the usual to a full pedal. Is that what would cause it? And with the 3 piece axle, can I run pegs with that? I heard that you can't run pegs with the Geisha because its got a 3 piece axle.
Your bearings are fucked, Just buy a 3 peice Geisha axle like Rhys said.

thefrogg

Likes Dirt
haydens driver bearings would have to be the issue because he runs his chain soo tight like stupidly tight so tight that it creaks and the pedals are hard as to move

D

Deleted member 18757

haydens driver bearings would have to be the issue because he runs his chain soo tight like stupidly tight so tight that it creaks and the pedals are hard as to move
That was once because I had a tight spot, and who are you?

D

Deleted member 18757

Yep, the most ive done is 4 steps (one step was about the length of two average steps)