Freeride Forks

Im looking at getting back into freeriding and from being out of the scene now for some years now im not really sure of whats good anymore. Just wondering what people think are the best freeriding forks for my needs. Price isnt an issue right now. The forks will be going on a Nicolai UFO DS.

Im looking for a fork with:
-between 120 and 140mm of travel.
-single crown

cheers

Last edited:

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
Yep, things have changed. You want Totem Solo Air with 180mm travel if you can afford them or some triple clampers with 203mm, like 888's or boxxer wc.
Totems are stiffer according to the specs though. Avoid the Totem 2-steps, they have issues in the "step" bit.

mountain_bike man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if you were wanting a bit less travel you could look at the fox 36's, very nice fork. and torpedo7 are having a 48hr sale and there very cheap.

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, things have changed. You want Totem Solo Air with 180mm travel if you can afford them or some triple clampers with 203mm, like 888's or boxxer wc.
Totems are stiffer according to the specs though. Avoid the Totem 2-steps, they have issues in the "step" bit.
Did you even ask what frame these are going onto?

***What frame are you using, mate?

You don't necessarily need huge travel. I reckon 180mm is prob too much and 150-160mm is more than adequate considering the performance of modern day FR forks. Too much travel may throw out your bike completely and you'll end up hating the forks!

Someone mentioned Fox 36's - good suggestion. IMO forget triples for FR!!! Too limiting and your not looking to be 'noticed' like the DH guys;)

Others - Rock Shox Totems, Marzocchi 66's (little heavy?) But I'd still save for 36's. The complete package.

Last edited:
H

>Henry

:mad:
(\ /)
/ I \
(='.'=)
(")_(") This Thing is gay so stop putting it in you signiture:mad:
You are a tool.

Back on topic there are Fox 36's, Marzocchi 66's and 55's, Rockshox Lyrik's and Manitou Travis' with the spec's you've listed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have some 07 66 ATA (air) forks for sale in the For sale section if interested. 1.5 tho
. Adjustable from 140mm-180mm

Hex515

Likes Dirt
I have some 07 66 ATA (air) forks for sale in the For sale section if interested. 1.5 tho
. Adjustable from 140mm-180mm
I have the 1.25" version of these forks and I recommend them.

I find them to be resonable weight, decent travel and feel.

I came from 03 boxxers with WC cartridges.

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
Did you even ask what frame these are going onto?
The forks will be going on a Nicolai UFO DS.

No need to ask dude, just read the original post. Like I did, but got the ION and the UFO mixed up.
The UFO DS is a SS bike and doesn't want more than 120mm of travel on the front according to Nicolai.
Check out this thread on MTBR, there's a UFO halfway down the page
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=370698&highlight=best+120mm+fork

36 Fox Talas sounds like the goods.

Last edited: