Frenzy Mystery Trail Builder.

Jared

Yeti Cycles
Someone has been doing their own handy work at Frenzy, posted a thred up in general Discussion about it....

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/sho...zie-frenzy-DH-Toowoomba-Mystery-trail-builder

Anybody have any info on who is doing it, council arent pumped on the changes, nor am I, they are dumbing down some of the trickier bits, but I was fuming for about 10 minutes this afternoon when first run I almost had an epic crash when a new section (a massive kicker to flat, in the fastest part of the course...after the main rock garden, and just down after The kickers before the right hander, about 20-30 sec before the finish) I saw it too late, was going too fast, freaked out coz I no idea what was on the other side and sent it well onto the flat and then straight ahead into the bushes.

Anyway, if anyone knows whos doing it, they should spread the word to stop!

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
Very scary stuff indeed.

Have these changes happened in the weeks since the race?

Someone mentioned that this sort of thing was going on on the frenzy a while back (Zach might have mentioned it, maybe?) -- I think they had some idea where this
guy was from.

We probably need to get a warning up at the top and bottom of the Frenzy:

1. warning of unauthorised DH track changes that affect riding conditions
2. stating that track changes without authorisation is prohibited and not appreciated by
the other users of the track.

Myself and others have been working on the new Turkey trail and repairing the Rollercat since the floods -- during
working bees -- but also at other times on the weekend. This was on an authorised basis.

It would be a worry if this impacted on the ability of
legit trailbuilding volunteers.

Matt

andy 94

Likes Dirt
im pritty shore zach and jiel know who it is but not shore about a contact for him...
hes from the gold coast thats what i have heard hes the main builder of the nerang jumps

Last edited:
I think his name is Shane. He was working on the track around the time of the sunshine series when I ran into him - believe he was from the coast.
MPM

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Didnt see this thread when it was posted, but try heading down there on a Wednesday afternoon. I ran into this fella (definately Shane) & briefly said hello then kept on pedalling back up the hill as it was getting dark. I had never seen him before, but did not want to question why he was there as i'm not really up to speed on the downhill scene.

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shane is definately putting himself and the club at risk of legal liability should his modifcations result in someone injuring themselves. The council will not be at risk as they have not necessarily approved the modifications.

DOWNHILLPHILL

Likes Dirt
Interesting...... Hey guys y'know what would be fun!? Setting up a hidden camera! Would be too long of a recording, unless you had a really high end camera of course.

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
Ryan is quite correct I think.
Shane is definately putting himself and the club at risk of legal liability should his modifcations result in someone injuring themselves. The council will not be at risk as they have not necessarily approved the modifications.
The Downhill convenor (or other responsible party) --need to formulate some temporary signage and get it into place to warn
people like this against making changes to the tracks -- and give a reason.

Something like:
"The mountain bike tracks in this park are constructed and maintained by Toowoomba Mountain Bike Club, with the approval of
Toowoomba Regional Council.
Unauthorised alteration of these trails can be dangerous for riders who may not be expecting such changes.
These activities are also likely to be illegal, and cannot be tollerated.

If you see unauthorised trail building activity in progress, please ring XXX X XXX.

However, volunteer assistance with approved trail building and maintenance programs under Club supervision is welcomed. For further
information please visit http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?54-TMBC-Toowoomba-Mountain-Bike-Club -- and meet
our other keen (handsome, intelligent) trail building volunteers."

I'm no lawyer but this could be an important duty of care action.

Matt

sherman

Likes Dirt
Talking to Graham and he said council has been down with the Bobcat and destroy any of the jumps which they don't like.

I haven't seen what they have down but at least this will be a clear message to the track builder that his modifications aren't welcome.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Talking to Graham and he said council has been down with the Bobcat and destroy any of the jumps which they don't like.

I haven't seen what they have down but at least this will be a clear message to the track builder that his modifications aren't welcome.
Shouldn't they consult us before doing anything like that?

sherman

Likes Dirt
Shouldn't they consult us before doing anything like that?
Graham gave me a ring yesterday about the kicker and I said I was going to go and destroy it this afternoon but he said they had the bobcat there so they would take care of it. So I knew he was doing the main kicker but hopefully they didn't do too much damage to the rest of the track.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Graham gave me a ring yesterday about the kicker and I said I was going to go and destroy it this afternoon but he said they had the bobcat there so they would take care of it. So I knew he was doing the main kicker but hopefully they didn't do too much damage to the rest of the track.
There's a bit up towards the top just before the concrete section that has been damaged by a bobcat or the like and the kicker is totally gone. Nothing a maintenance day can't fix