DH Fresh Build Yeti 303-R DH

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've cracked almost every aluminium bike I've ever owned, if you ride them long enough its going to happen eventually, its just the nature of aluminium.
But...but...the industry prefers it! So it must be the greatest metal on earth?

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've done some more work on the bike and fixed all the little problems I found on my day at GV bike park.

Starting with the oil leaking from the Boxxer. I ordered a new low friction seal kit and installed that.

Next the front brake, as mentioned the Avid Code lever had seized so I mated an even older Juicy7 lever to the Code caliper but the performance was not great at all.

My mate had a bunch of the old Guide RSC levers lying around, the ones that had problems with the piston getting stuck. He gave me a lever for free and I ordered the service kit that comes with the new improved piston design and installed it.

Not the most difficult job to do but there are a couple of tricks to learn. After I installed the new lever with the Code caliper I bled the system. It feels great now, lots of power and modulation.

I'm booked in for another day at Green Valleys on the 5th, can't wait!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Next task - Loosen the grip bar clamp, push hard up against grip, re-tighten. ;)

Good work otherwise though! :)

Reactions: jda