Fresh out of the Skunkworks, The "Blackbird" - Trek Remedy C

Nick_M2r

Likes Dirt
Intro:

2019 Trek Remedy C, one of three in the country (to my knowledge, read the backstory below for more) Inspiration for this build was the legendary Lockheed Martin Skunkworks, and their fastest creation the SR71 Blackbird. Im a plane dork, so chose the colour scheme to match the Blackbird with a few hints of blue thrown in. Custom stickers throughout. Absolutely in love with her. The small changes Trek made from the 2018 have made a big difference in the bikes pedalling, much better in the climbs and still rails everything else. Had considered a Slash, but I'm a short ass and just cannot gel with a 29'er despite all the cool kids getting them. Trip to the US and Canada coming up in a month, this will be in tow. NZ at the end of the year on the cards, and need to see this awesomeness that is Derby. Will update thread as I go along.

Bike:

Back Story:
Having gotten back hard in Mountain Biking July last year, Id always dreamed of buying a Trek ever since first seeing the 2008 Session 88. As such, i got myself a Remedy 7, and it took me through my first enduro races and two trips to New Zealand. The N+1 bug started biting hard and I wanted to do a dream build. Having drooled over the Remedy C (Remedy 9.9) frame set, I checked with my LBS to see if one could be ordered, as they aren't officially imported into Aus. As luck would have it, Trek Australia had one Remedy C 2019 Frameset in my size of 17.5. The main bloke ordered one for himself, and got another in to sell. From what me and the guys at the shop could determine, this frame is one of three in the country. Mine, the Trek guys, and also one for a person in Queensland who I seen selling it on Facebook, though it looked as if it was a warranty replacement for an older frame. He also didn't appear to realise what he actually had been given, as he was selling it as a lower Remedy 9.7 frame. For anyone who purchased it, lucky find!

Specs:

Frame - 2019 Trek Remedy C
Rear shock - Super Deluxe RCT
Front shock/fork - Rockshox Lyrik RC2 with Charger 2.1
Handlebars - Truvativ Descendant Carbon 35
Stem - Truvativ Descendant 35
Seatpost - Rockshox Reverb. Will likely replace with new new 2020 Reverb
Front brake - Sram Guide RSC
Rear brake - Sram Guide RSC
Cranks - Truvativ Descendant Carbon DUB
Chainguide - One Up
Pedals - Crankbrothers Stamp 7
Rear derailleur - Sram XO Eagle
Rear shifter - Sram GX, will change to XO1 in next few days
Cassette - Sram GX Eagle
Front hub - Hope Pro 4 Blue
Rear hub - Hope Pro 4 Blue
Front rim - DT Swiss XM481
Rear rim - DT Swiss XM481
Tyres - Minion DHF 2.6 Front, Minion DHR II 2.6 Rear

Last edited:

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Ironically, the SR71 was designed to be undetectable by RADAR, but this creation will do exactly the opposite.
Its going to suck the light away from the sun creating a rainbow around it, and leave people drooling in its wake.
cool looking bike, well done!

D

Deleted member FN2187

Is that 2 bottle cage bosses under the top tube? Interesting. Sweet rig!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm rather partial to the Remedy and that's a fine looking rig!
160mm front? I've always been tempted to try 170mm on it.