Friday Night Track Racing At Dunc Gray

Kezza

Squid
G' Day all,

Would anyone happen to know when friday night track racing starts at Dunc Gray Velodrome?

taibo

Eats Squid
Starts this Friday!

from RAW website:

News and Information
For Week 1
Friday, June 29 1012

RAW TRACK
STARTS THIS WEEK
RAW Track (Race All Winter Track) is back for 2012.

RAW TRACK Newsletter 2012 sponsored by:

WWW.Bicisport.com.au

First week’s Program
• Round 1 warm up Scratch
• Round 2 no race (wheel-races run at best every second week pending sponsor)
• Round 3 sprint (6 up’s over 3 laps)
• Round 4 Points Race (3 sprints)
• Round 5 Combines

Blue indicates Series Points scoring rounds

Explain these races
Sprint- RAW Track sprints are usually run as 4-6 ups over 3 laps the first few laps are usually spent sizing your opponents up and positioning yourself for the optimum explosion to the finish. It is not uncommon for a sneaky rider to attack early in the hope of holding a lead to the finish. The sprint is a test of power, speed and above all, tactics.

Point score- Riders must score points by sprinting for intermittent sprints every 5 laps for bonuses (5, 3, 2, 1 points). Lapping the field scores a bonus 20 points, consequently losing a lap to the field scores -20points. Winner of the race is the rider with the most points. Although the lapping rule is indicated in this description, at RAW track the race is generally too short to secure the lap consequently we generally don’t allow lapped riders back in.

BSCC- RAW Track Canteen
• I am delighted to announce that Bankstown Sports Cycling Club will again be hosting a Canteen at Raw
• The Canteen will provide the basics and it is hoped that it will be well supported by our riders and spectators
• Profits raised will be going towards covering costs at their Wednesday night training session which are currently running at a loss.
• Not only will we be supporting the canteen but also promoting the Wednesday Training session in a hope to turn both initiatives into profits.

Be the first to take Peter Buckingham’s challenge by asking for a double dose of the “not-4-wimps” sauce.

Rain is not a problem at the DGV
• In contrast to a lot of NSW racing over the last two months, Rain is not going to interfere with RAW Track Racing.
• Despite this, please be prepared for a chilly experience.

Points for 2012 series starts week 1
• For every week you attend you receive 10 points
• Everyone is allowed to miss 2 RAW nights without losing to many points.
• In rounds 3,and 4 top 4 place getters receive 5,3,2 and 1point respectively
• From Week 10 August 31 place getter points are doubled.

Sign-on’s and Licenses ….. Bring It!
• If this is your first RAW Track for 2012 you will need to show your license …….It is everyone’s first for 2012
• I record your license as sighted and you are fine for the season.
• Sign-on’s are in Point-score order.

Pay up front for the entire series
• This year I am offering the opportunity to pay for the whole season for the cost of 10 weeks
• The offer is available for the first two weeks only and will be adjusted by 1 week you decide to do this in week 2

Website www.rawtrack.com.au

Money troubles?
• If you are experiencing money troubles please do not hesitate in approaching me so we can come to an arrangement.
• I would much prefer to see you race than stay home.
• In the past I have had reduced rates for families, pensioners and uni students and maintained confidentiality.