Frogs get serious with e-bike hackers

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You want the pedals for self delusion of fitness + planet saving...just remember the electricity doesn't grow on trees (maybe it does?) It grows deep underground...

A low powered motorcycle electric or other would be perfect. The on road costs of such an option are a bit of a deterrent though.

You could always life at work. What a life that would be!

CHEWY

Eats Squid
The problem of making 50kmh commuter ebikes is that the tards who buy them don't have any bike handling skills and will end up killing pedestrians or themselves.

As for 25kmh limit for emtbs, its spot on. Emtbs are not about having a high top speed, they are about getting you to the top of the hill easier so you can have more fun on the way down. If I didnt live next to the steepest trails in vic I'd just ride my normal bike.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The problem of making 50kmh commuter ebikes is that the tards who buy them don't have any bike handling skills and will end up killing pedestrians or themselves.

As for 25kmh limit for emtbs, its spot on. Emtbs are not about having a high top speed, they are about getting you to the top of the hill easier so you can have more fun on the way down. If I didnt live next to the steepest trails in vic I'd just ride my normal bike.
Probably the same tards that end up on the trails trying to smash an e-kom up hill on a dh run.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Maybe, is this speaking from experiance?
I have spotted a couple do this, probably will be a different story when some inexperienced trail users turn up and not know where to look and just let their brake off to descend. I really try to avoid high use trails these days and especially ones with multi-directional trails

Flow-Rider

Burner
Do you mean singletrack bike trails?
Yeah, allegedly it's unlawful in Brisbane to have one-way trails on public land, we have a couple that are marked one-way but they're only classed as a recommendation, so it opens a minefield up if you ever have a head-on and seriously injure someone.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
35km/h is a really sweet spot for top speed on commuter e-bikes, I've ridden limited and unlimited ones and cruising at 25 is nice but commuting at 25 is not a lot of difference to riding a light bike with skinny tyres.