From the Blue Skye to the Deep Green Sea - Transition Spur

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
How was the Rekon in wet conditions?

More importantly, when are you getting an Assguy on the front?
Was just muddy puddles. Didnt really think about it so it went alright but better suited to dry trails.

No Assy on this bike, light trail is the theme and the Dissector is about as knobbly as I would have on the front. The factory tyre combo on this bike actually works very well and was well thought out.
Over on MTBR there are Spurs with 130mm pikes, deluxe shocks, Assegai's and Minions... many who should have probably bought the Scout instead of the Spur.

ozzybmx

I discovered a little issue.

Both my dropper and shifter are I-spec EV so I need bar clamps for both before I swap the brakes.

Due to shit stock of everything, I put it in the too-hard basket.

Though that's a great price...

ozzybmx

@ozzybmx if you want to mix masters I’ll send you them for $0. Be wanted I didn’t get on with then and bought bar mount adapter
Thanks @Scotty675 but I am going to do the same.

The shifter on my Spur is the original Deore and while it works 100% I had always intended to grab an XT so I'll get a bar clamp version.

Will work out what to do with the dropper later. I have a couple of bar clamp levers here so may just use one of them in the meantime.

Last edited:

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Ohhh. Ride sports are also a Hutchinson dealer and appear to also have some Griffus!
Cheers guys!

Scotty675

Cable thief
@Litenbror
I’m not familiar with anything sram. This is kit. I tried swapping left and right etc but could never get comfortable. Let’s have an auction, I will pay you $0.50 to take them. Bidders beware 10% of my debt will be paid to @ozzybmx for thread derailment fees.
1C1B438D-627B-42B4-B2B9-4674FACE0344.jpeg

Seriously though they are yours if you think you can make them work

ozzybmx

It just dawned on me how I will make mine work.

#2 son is getting the M6120 Quad piston brakes off the Spur.

He has a SLX 12 speed clamp shifter on his bike and a PNW Loam clamp dropper lever :D

Here ya go son, have an I-Spec EV shifter and OneUp dropper lever !

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@Litenbror
I’m not familiar with anything sram. This is kit. I tried swapping left and right etc but could never get comfortable. Let’s have an auction, I will pay you $0.50 to take them. Bidders beware 10% of my debt will be paid to @ozzybmx for thread derailment fees.
View attachment 381878
Do they come with those defective Cura 4s you have? Assuming they are silver of course!

Litenbror

Eats Squid
@Litenbror
View attachment 381878
If you have no use for them I'll take them and give them a go, unless @ozzybmx wants them. If they don't work for me I'll put them up for the next burner to give them a try. Will send you a PM and we can sort out postage etc.