FRP grating

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has anyone ordered this stuff and be willing to give me a price on how much it cost please? Have emailed some places but not heard back given I am not a council or large buyer.

Member_491560.jpg

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Midalia steel will sell you a sheet of it (1220x3660 in 38mm squares) for a smidge under a grand plus delivery.

Galvanised expanded metal sheet is about $350

jarrod839

Banned
Hey mate

i use to work for this mob,
http://www.webforge.com.au/webforge

they have sites in every state, and they use to sell off odd sheets and have the panels on sale regularly so might be worth a call.

Been years since i worked at the townsville site, so not sure if i would have any contacts there still.

Just a warning too, this stuff is nasty as, if u are cutting it up. Make sure u get a MSDS info with it, as there a some safety things u need to do.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It was over a year ago when I spoke to these guys and it was about $200 a 2400x1200 sheet for the 25mm square size.

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Replacing the pallet down ramp on ourimbah dh by chance? That thing ate my rear tyre in the wet yesterday :)
The start ramp or pallet to pallet jump? If you can give me a good description of where I'll definitely take a look at it.

DJR

Likes Dirt
The start ramp or pallet to pallet jump? If you can give me a good description of where I'll definitely take a look at it.
Its the down ramp up top of the dh, there is two of them before the fire road junction, its the top one that is smaller than the second. The haps in the slats are pretty big.

I came down it at a slight angle in stage 2 of the GE yesterday, my tyre caught between the slats at speed and threw me off. FRP would be better than wood slats esp in wet , would need some reinforcement behind it. PM me for more details :)

fimpBIKES

Likes Dirt
impressive sales skillz Jack, welcome :pound:

Not exactly sure what this is for would this be slipperier than steel when wet? Im thinking it would be, just curious if anyones ridden on it

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
impressive sales skillz Jack, welcome :pound:

Not exactly sure what this is for would this be slipperier than steel when wet? Im thinking it would be, just curious if anyones ridden on it
It's encrusted with garnet/sand on the top surface and is very grippy.