FTR1200 or CB1000R

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Vote 1 Honda.
You know it’ll be a good bike, if a little uninspiring.
Imo that’s a good thing.

I also disagree with Mr crudley.
The arse end of that Indian is making my eyes not want to be eyes anymore.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Vote 1 Honda.
You know it’ll be a good bike, if a little uninspiring.
Imo that’s a good thing.

I also disagree with Mr crudley.
The arse end of that Indian is making my eyes not want to be eyes anymore.
Hmm, yes. I see your point.

I bet you could do wonders over a few days with a bunch of power tools and have the two bikes at your disposal in the FrankenGarage.

The side mirrors drag the Honda down.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
This reminds me, I saw a bloke on a motorbike this week with a small sidecar type thing, and a horizontal bike rack with a mountain bike on it.

Bizarrely I'm pretty sure it was a Yeti.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
No idea with either bike… as weirdly, I’m out of touch with new bikes these days.

But the Indian looks like it’s trying to be a Ducati Monster. You’ll certainly pull more oggles on it than the Honda.

But if it is about you… as a rider, and not about who’s looking at you, then the main thing to consider is… they have two completely different motors.

A Vtwin for the Indian, and I’m not sure of how many degrees it is, but looks to be 45’ish, so if so, I’d guess balancers to stop the shake… but it’s likely got grunt for days.

An inline 4 with less cubes for the Honda, but it’s bound to have less grunt but be smooth all the way, with some serious mumbo at the top.

I’m guessing they’d both be respectable handlers these daze… so really more about what sort of motor/response/feel/style you want… I’d test ride both first.

I’d ask my motorcycle journo mates… but they all have retired… bastards.

Me personally, I'm a Vtwin guy, but strictly 90 degrees... I had this for a while…

Last edited:

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My heart says Indian , my brains say Honda
I really wanted an Indian dark horse , but go like stink , possibly not reliable , hearsay says ‘ issues’

I have had Kawasaki’s , no dramas, Suzuki’s , no dramas ,Harleys , minor fiddly shit , I have recently - in the last 9 months bough a Royal Enfield , it is amusing , full of character - not powerful tho .but you can cut bits off it , modify it and it’s not $25k of oops I may have fucked up there .
No issues .
Next bike , likely to be a Harley Tourer , I really like the look of dirt bikes tho .

Indian really looks good tho !

Whilst I know ‘ lockdown ‘ mcas at Keillor has a great selection and good attitude towards ‘ testing ‘ , just saying ….

Minlak

custom titis
The Honda for Japanese reliability - However

Saw the Indian in the flesh and in fact after being to 6 different bike shops on Tuesday and seeing some amazing bikes my SO picked the Indian as the bike she would buy. - It is super impressive in the flesh.

indica

Serial flasher
Mate has the Indian and it is stunning. Had a software update recently that fixed some issues and he loves it. Sound is beautiful

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The indian looks good but you know that the Honda will be the more reliable machine. What about the Ducati and Triumph Scramblers? The BMW R nineT G/S looks good too.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
The indian looks good but you know that the Honda will be the more reliable machine. What about the Ducati and Triumph Scramblers? The BMW R nineT G/S looks good too.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
I did take a look at the RnineT and really liked it. You've got me thinking now???

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
My heart says Indian , my brains say Honda
I really wanted an Indian dark horse , but go like stink , possibly not reliable , hearsay says ‘ issues’

I have had Kawasaki’s , no dramas, Suzuki’s , no dramas ,Harleys , minor fiddly shit , I have recently - in the last 9 months bough a Royal Enfield , it is amusing , full of character - not powerful tho .but you can cut bits off it , modify it and it’s not $25k of oops I may have fucked up there .
No issues .
Next bike , likely to be a Harley Tourer , I really like the look of dirt bikes tho .

Indian really looks good tho !

Whilst I know ‘ lockdown ‘ mcas at Keillor has a great selection and good attitude towards ‘ testing ‘ , just saying ….
We have a fairly new Indian dealer here in Ballarat. I've been in the speak to them, just before the last lockdown. But now we are 'free' again, I reckon I'll swing by and check out if a test ride is available.