Status
Not open for further replies.

Minlak

custom titis
Removed - Not like it was actually posted in the E-Bike section - Moving on

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Given that this is borderline illegal, do you really want to post that here?

danncam

Likes Dirt
So pretty much the easiest unlocking comes from fitting a "controller / Chip" between the sensor on your bike that tells it the wheel speed.
Was watching some videos on unlocking e-bikes and a lot of them require you to take apart the motor covers etc so require a bit of pulling stuff apart and putting back together to fit.
Then I found this one on the new Specialized - Wow so easy to do and undo as required. Remove 1 screw unplug re plug refit done. The chart I snipped from the middle of the video shows the speed difference. So if you were in an event and wanted to cheat you could easily have the dial set to 1 or 2 and be harder to tell you did anything.

View attachment 370419

Pumpkin eater
And part of the reasons emtbs may still end up banned from public trails if dickheads "chip" their cheaters to speeds more akin to a motorbike on tight skinny trails, especially if mixed trails.

moorey

call me Mia
I’m not going to throw up a slippery slope fallacy....but particularly with ebike races, where is the line drawn with how much you can get away with or gain a mechanical advantage over others?
Yes, people will say in any bike race, some people will have access to better technology and more fancy equipment. In an e-race, some people already have more power and bigger battery capacity than others. In a 2h race like the Vic XC state champs, it seems that with some bikes, you can last the whole race in boost mode. I fail to see the point. My2c

Status
Not open for further replies.