fuckin degrandi bike shops a joke, bb keeps losening

things to do to mechanic

• Total voters

CHEWY

Eats Squid
the other day i noticed my chainguide could spin with the chainwheel, and the cranks had a bit of side to side movement. so i took it into the bike shop and told them to fix it. i got my bike back and everything seemed normal and then i rode it for about an hour and my chainguide had spun around again and cranks had freeplay.
anyone got any ideas why this keeps happening? both times its happened ive been trying no footers. do u think this might be the bike shops fault for not doing something properly? and another thing, the little spring tension screw in my avid arch rivals stripped the threads and the bike shops stuck a fucken wood screw in there completely destroying any chance of retaping threads and it looks damn unprofessional, like something id do to my ag bike but never my mtb. u think i should go nuts at the shop for this?
<------- hey hey 69

hardtail free rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
umm sound like ur bb mite need tightening,what chain guide do u have? the thing with ur brakes is defenatly ur bikes shops fault, and u should bitch at them to fix it for free. what bike shop do u go to?

CHEWY

Eats Squid
degrandi's. i know the bb needs tignening , but it came undone twice even after the bike shop fixed it.

S.

ex offender
I take it that it's a MTB (ie not BMX style) BB, are the threads greased? If so, try sanding the face of the BB shell (where the chainguide presses against) and both sides of the contact area of the chainguide plate. This may (or may not) provide enough friction that the BB stops loosening.

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Re: fluckin degrandi bike shops a joke, bb keeps losening

CHEWY said:
the little spring tension screw in my avid arch rivals stripped the threads and the bke shops stuck a fucken wood screw in there complately destroying any chance of retaping threads and it looks damn unproffessional
A wood screw?!? :shock: Holy! That's a candidate for dodgy move of the month!!! If they asked you first before doing it, that's one thing, but....

Ty

Eats Squid
ok time for some getto rigging, loctite blue will solve all your problems, but it could create some worse ones down the track, you try Plumbers teflon tape, a few wraps around your threads and you should be fine.

Mason

Likes Dirt
I had that problem before, turn out that the bike shop just put the left cup in the right side, and the right cup in the left side so as i pedaled, instead of tighting it was loosening. I was pissed at them, so they fixed it for free. O ya and it also happened at a pervinchal race.