VIC Funky steerer 29er forks. Take them before I build Moar bikes - SOLD

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I finally found some forks for my Kona that didn't require stuffing about, so the 2 sets I bought previously are no longer needed. $150 each, or take them both for $250.

Item: rockshox revelation rc3 29er, 140mm travel, 15x100 axle, 150mm steerer
Item Condition: excellent looking, stanchions perfect, haven't used them or services them to tell you more
Reason for selling: bought them thinking I could just swap the uppers out, still could I guess but I've found something else now.
Price and price conditions: $150
Extra Info: did I mention they have a really short steerer? Only thing stopping me from using them, take them before I find a solution!
Pictures: bee low

Item: Magura ts6 29er, 120mm travel, 15x100 axle, 198mm straight 1.5" steerer
Item Condition: excellent, doubt they've seen much trail if any, stanchions perfect. Lockout struggles to spring back though, doesn't feel overly stiff but just doesn't quite get there by itself.
Reason for selling: again, bought thinking to use them but then the revs showed up and I have up any thought of using them
Price and price conditions: $150
Extra Info: straight 1.5 steerer for an xc fork, weiiird. Probably suit a Cannondale enthusiast
Pictures: sea bee low

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Hey Planko what would be the effect of putting the 29er Revs on a 120mm 27.5 bike .
Just imaging it in my` brain ?
The overall height to the stem might be the same but the trail is increased and frame at the front would lifted up reducing the head angle?
Already bought + tried a 27.5 100 mm fork on 26 hardtail seems fine - future proof.

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Hey Planko what would be the effect of putting the 29er Revs on a 120mm 27.5 bike .
Just imaging it in my` brain ?
The overall height to the stem might be the same but the trail is increased and frame at the front would lifted up reducing the head angle?
i would have thought the stem would also be higher, maybe not by as much as if the fork was upright, but id say it would definitely raise it.

add 20mm of travel + whatever the difference is normally between 275 and 29 forks. would definitely be a noticable difference id think. i can measure the axle to crown for you if you want? that should give you a better idea.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Yeah measure the axle to crown please ? Frame can take either steerer. tapered or straight .
I didnt mention that there are spacers under the stem which would be eliminated in the 29er setup and that I was contemplating using the Fox 140 mm straight steerer I offered you for the hack Heckler a la 6th October.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Yeah right, could work out for you then

A2C would be 545mm (that's centre of axle to the crown race, I figured this was how to measure it?)

And if you prefer white let me know. I've been seriously considering changing the lowers with my white Sid lowers

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Yeah right, could work out for you then

A2C would be 545mm (that's centre of axle to the crown race, I figured this was how to measure it?)

And if you prefer white let me know. I've been seriously considering changing the lowers with my white Sid lowers

The SID and Reba lowers are interchangeable but I'm not sure about the Revelation lowers in 29". Certainly were not compatible in 26". I'll take the Revs if you still have them. Will PM when I'm back in Canberra tonight.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
The SID and Reba lowers are interchangeable but I'm not sure about the Revelation lowers in 29". Certainly were not compatible in 26". I'll take the Revs if you still have them. Will PM when I'm back in Canberra tonight.
Interesting, I've definitely swapped Reba and rev lowers around in the past without issue (275&29). What was incompatible on the 26ers?

Still got them, no one's committed yet so they're all yours.

Are you in Melbourne still? Cos I could try to get them to you.
Edit- misread that, probably won't be in Melbourne still if you're back in Canberra tonight.

glenn1529

Likes Dirt
Dammit!! Just stumbled across this thread. If summit changes his mind, I’ll take second dibs on the Reva’s

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Dammit!! Just stumbled across this thread. If summit changes his mind, I’ll take second dibs on the Reva’s
Yeah no worries, next in line it is

I have a feeling summit is just after the lowers for the through axle. I don't wanna get your hopes up too much but if you're ok with qr he might be able to help still?

They were a flat out bargain, real bummer about the steerer length!