Future of freeride in nsw....

Adrian

Junkie (not the adrenalin type either)
thecat said:
Make small bendy people touture them selves of strange equipment???
Nah, just make them wear sparkly skinsuits.

And hope their bikes aren't that flexy.

PyletSnviper

Likes Dirt
just to show how picky pyley is...... 3 makes of the one bridge at yarrmundi before he was satisfied with it.... 2 times it had to be totally ripped apart and started with new materials

as for redbull rampage style stuff.... ummm theres a giant rock outcrop i would love to see someone try and ride it without one bit of fear... cause looking at it and standing up on top of it worried me..lol :p

ferg

Likes Dirt
okay me and grant have been takling about this for ages. if you are to run freeride style events let make sure its not just a bigger version of bmx which is the way we think it is goin especially considering most courses are so groomed its not funny. we need to have it in the natural environment with some gnarly sections you have to ride like steep chutes etc. then have some drop/hucks but not just man made one use the natural lines and then this will help set us apart. then maybe have some ramps and boxes and then for the finish area have some Djs.

if you incorporate DH,Dj/street,hucking and the natural environment i think this is what will set us apart from bmx and is needed to keep the growth and progression of mtbing happening

hammered

Likes Dirt
i can only see good things from having a freeride event in NSW . From riding Tahmoor dirtjumps today i would have to say it is a great spot with plenty of room and well compacted dirt jumps . The on negative thing i can see is the riders with the big nine inch rear travel bikes which will loose speed.

But seeing as most of the bikes will be hardtails , i say its a go'er

Xup Australias Freeride festival

Massive Gravedig on this thread.

Freeride is far from dead in Australia.

http://www.xupfestival.com.au

Has the first stop in Australia in January, for the FMB World Tour 2013.

Its a Silver event open to Pro and Am, with a $10k Prize Pool.

Also has a BMX Dirt Jump comp with a $10k prize pool for Pro and Am. Skills Area's with dirt jumps, freeride lines, a smaller version of the Xup comp course, and BagJump.

Sick side events including friday night high jump comp on the airbag, sat bunny hop comp, skinny comp and the Australian unOfficial Whip Off Championship saturday night under lights. Camping, Beer Garden, Dj's, Food, clothing and bike stalls, and rider workshops with guys like Benny Phillips, Andy Buckworth, Jaie Toohey, SHorty Gyleat, Cam Rouch and Matt Whyatt.

Get behind it..