G Form knee and elbow pads

Flow-Rider

Burner
I've owned a set for 2 years (knee & Elbow), they work better than they look and are easy to deal with while riding. They are starting to fall apart now but still wearable and I put them through a fair bit of action.

I've got some Fox Launch Pro for the gnarly stuff but I hate wearing it because it's so hot and bulky.

Last edited:

spikenet

Likes Dirt
ive got some shin pads from g-form. really awesome but they are hot to wear plus the sizing is pretty small. I wish I had of got larger size..

care to share the place with the deal? :)

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They are very comfy and I got about 2 years use out of my knee pads before the lycra gave way. My daughter uses the elbows pads as knee pads.

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Picked up a set to wear on a trip to the North Shore and they were great.. light and easy to maneuver in.. took a fairly hefty hit on the elbow at one point - OTB to a rock garden - and came off unscathed. They tend not to get too much use here in Sydney, but nice to have if i'm off travelling somewhere a bit more 'adventurous'

I also vaguely remember that a RBer was the distributor when I bought them!

teK--

Eats Squid
Have always been skeptical of the use of lycra on body armour. Evidenced by the many g form pads you see out there with holes from grazing, stitching pulling through the fabric etc. Looks about as nice as a woman who has holes in her stockings!

If you need something lightweight then the Troy Lee Speed Sleeves (for knees) are very good and durable but have the same reactive padding material as the G forms.

agentninety3

Likes Dirt
How thin are the G-Forms and Speed Sleeves? I've got an outside of riding application in mind and the thinner the better.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Have always been skeptical of the use of lycra on body armour. Evidenced by the many g form pads you see out there with holes from grazing, stitching pulling through the fabric etc. Looks about as nice as a woman who has holes in her stockings!

If you need something lightweight then the Troy Lee Speed Sleeves (for knees) are very good and durable but have the same reactive padding material as the G forms.
I might try them next. One good thing with the lycra is that it dries really quick after it gets wet, I hose my knee pads down with the hose after most rides because they end up smelling like dead animals on the floor of my car.

teK--

Eats Squid
I prefer the IXS flows myself ... But all comes down to what is more important for you ...
I love my IXS Carves (same as Flows but with extra straps up top of knee). Am onto second set after first wore out after 2 years of regular wear and weekly washing.