Garbaruk 11-50 cassette

Scotty675

Cable thief
Anyone running a garbaruk 11-50 cassette? I’ve just fitted an 11-50 cassette with cage. Should of done it earlier. I’ve been grinding it out for years running 11-40 with 34 ring. Legs aren’t what they used to be and getting worse the older I get. What a difference especially on tight techy sections. Shifts great. If you backpedal in the 50 it drops the chain. This isn’t a problem and only picked up on the stand but wanted to no if anyone else has this problem? I put it down to chainline?

Tim_the_Clyde

Likes Dirt
Ive had this issue on 11-42. Currently the case with my banshee prime with XT 1x11. I can back pedal around 1 rotation of the cranks. Found out when I stopped on a really steep climb and wanted to use my preferred foot to take off. Only happened once and it dropped to the next sprocket down with a few crunchy noises.

Apparently it is chain line related and you can remedy with washers / spacers. Not sure if this has any negative impact on chainring and crank interface.

Never bothered as in tech climbs when I’m needing back pedaling I tend to used a steeper gear to ‘push against’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim_the_Clyde

Likes Dirt
...Does it just drop down the cassette like mine or off the front chain ring.

You could look at a little chain guide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotty675

Cable thief
It just drops down the cassette. I’ve only had 2 small test rides so far but doesn’t affect riding. Only picked it up tuning it on the stand. I will remove a shim from the drive side and see if it helps. Never had this trouble before but have always run smaller cassettes.

Scotty675

Cable thief
In my experience you get what you pay for. I liked the idea of the cage with the garbaruk. Also does look cooler and keeps the weight down.