Gary Fisher X-Caliber

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Been riding a 29er Single Speed Rigid for a while now, for what it is .... it's fast, so the next step for me is a geared 29er with front suspension.

Thinking Gary Fisher X-Caliber, weight is around 12.5kg, components ok, forks nice, price: $2300? Been told I can test ride, any recommendations on where to buy in Melbourne or online? Anyone got one or got an opinion on one. It looks good that's for sure.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
noticed there's a review in Feb, Mar, April 09 edition of Mountain Biking Australia, on Gary Fisher X-Caliber. More a discussion of parts, 29ers in general, no real in depth ride experience. Bike comes up well. Mentions average cranks, BB and heavish wheels. On the other hand, GF have really dialed in the geometry - handling is top class. Fox forks help as well. So if price is ok, then the X-Cal is not a bad alternative to the $3000 paragon. Weight: 12.4kg on a 17.5 inch frame, 1, 740g frame weight.

noticed there's a review in Feb, Mar, April 09 edition of Mountain Biking Australia, on Gary Fisher X-Caliber. More a discussion of parts, 29ers in general, no real in depth ride experience. Bike comes up well. Mentions average cranks, BB and heavish wheels. On the other hand, GF have really dialed in the geometry - handling is top class. Fox forks help as well. So if price is ok, then the X-Cal is not a bad alternative to the $3000 paragon. Weight: 12.4kg on a 17.5 inch frame, 1, 740g frame weight.
I have a 17.5 2010 X-cal that i have had for about a month and i love it. If you want to have a spin on it your more than welcome. I'm in Ballarat. Heaps of good riding up here. Come on up and we'll go for a spin.

radrider

Cannon Fodder
hey,
i own a paragon, not long bought it.. i sold my trance x for it.
can i say, it totally ROCKS!! i have had the chance to ride a few other brands of 29ers, and i can seriously say that the gf kicks ass over the other brands.
the geo is spot on, off set forks short rear stays...the bike seriously rides like a 26, but better! i am very happy with it..yeah for the cash the parts prob are not the best compared to other brands..(ie giant) but the frame/fork custom tuning is second to none and pays for itself straight away..(parts are upgradeable, frames and forks are little bit more complex)
and by the way with price, rumour has it treks are coming down for 2011, pretty well 20-25% lower then current year (2010) when trek comes in direct in august.

mate get a gary fisher and you will be in love.

m_g

Likes Dirt
and by the way with price, rumour has it treks are coming down for 2011, pretty well 20-25% lower then current year (2010) when trek comes in direct in august.
and they are giving away 2010 bikes at the moment...i got $1100 off my GF Hifi deluxe...craziness

I've had an X-cal and a Pargon fram and they are awesome. I've tried a Pivot 429/santa cruz tall boy and a Specialized Epic 29er. Not tried a GF full sus but the HT are dialled in perfectly. Did you buy one yet?