G'day from Tassie

Elpho

Likes Bikes
Hey guys,

Been reading the forum for a while so thought it was about time I joined.

I used to ride MTB all the time when I was younger until I had a back injury at work, after 8 years and lots of physio it's finally got to the point where I can start riding again. So ordered a Specialized Rockhopper Comp from my LBS and should hopefully get to pick it up tomorrow and get back into it.

Look forward to seeing some of you guys out on the trails!

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Hey guys,

Been reading the forum for a while so thought it was about time I joined.

I used to ride MTB all the time when I was younger until I had a back injury at work, after 8 years and lots of physio it's finally got to the point where I can start riding again. So ordered a Specialized Rockhopper Comp from my LBS and should hopefully get to pick it up tomorrow and get back into it.

Look forward to seeing some of you guys out on the trails!
Welcome Elpho. Where in Tassie are you?

Elpho

Likes Bikes
I'm at Stowport (about 15km inland from Burnie) live on a 40acre farm that is mostly down hill and bush, so looking forward to building a bunch of trails at home!

Stredda

I'm at Stowport (about 15km inland from Burnie) live on a 40acre farm that is mostly down hill and bush, so looking forward to building a bunch of trails at home!
Cool. I'm in Latrobe, a 2min ride from the soon to be built Wild Mersey trails

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Jesus dude just rub it in abit more would you!

You should do a build log, that’d be sick

Elpho

Likes Bikes
Cool. I'm in Latrobe, a 2min ride from the soon to be built Wild Mersey trails
Oh nice I will have to check them out one day. I plan on having a look at the Penguin mountain bike park in the next couple of weeks too once I've gotten used to the new bike.

Jesus dude just rub it in abit more would you!

You should do a build log, that’d be sick
Yeah weather permitting I'll probably start working on some this weekend, and will definitely do a build log when I start!

Stredda

Oh nice I will have to check them out one day. I plan on having a look at the Penguin mountain bike park in the next couple of weeks too once I've gotten used to the new bike.
Yeah it's certainly worth a look. I've helped build a lot of the trails at Penguin. I'm president of the Cradle Coast Mountain Bike Club and our club are extending out of the Penguin park into the Dial Range. Construction should start in a month or so.

Elpho

Likes Bikes
Yeah it's certainly worth a look. I've helped build a lot of the trails at Penguin. I'm president of the Cradle Coast Mountain Bike Club and our club are extending out of the Penguin park into the Dial Range. Construction should start in a month or so.
Oh Nice! I was actually planning on joining that club soon once I get back into it all.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have to get down and ride latrobe and penguin

I till miss the state series where we'd race all around the place (2 races each in Launny, Hobart and Latrobe)