General Meeting July 11

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
**Meeting is in the Dr Price room, Little St, Toowoomba. Starting @ 7.00PM

Hi Guys,
Following on from last nights meeting, this will be the way we are going to shoot from now on.

This is the place to list your agenda items for next months meeting, so some discussion can take place prior. Hopefully this will speed up the process for everyone, so motions can be passed and actioned.

I will endevour to update this first post with the agenda items so people do not have trawl through pages of discussion that will surely take place.

I believe that we will try to set the Agenda some time over the weekend before each meeting & we will no longer accept items on the night.

Let the discussions begin.
Ryan
0. Voting on a Jersey for the club
Matt
1. I will endeavor to get some information re skills park locations and comment from council.
2. Might be worth while getting an update on Murphy's Ck from Steve.
3. Could we get an update on control of erosion on the Frenzy.
Jason.
4. Use of machinery on trail build days. After donating my Dingo & trialing it today I think it is beneficial for the club to continue using it to save some of the manual labour. My proposal is that I will operate it & donate my time like everyone else, but would like cover some wear and tear + running costs.
5. A name for the new trail.
6. The melamine counter in the Gazebo needs to removed. I propose that we put a permanent timber top there.
7. Direction for trail development once the "new trail" is complete. Up into the "gorge track", legalise "cheeseburger", extend/balloon first loop of "rollercat", beginner "green trails" from bridge st?
Pete
8. As part of the maintenance/building section of the monthly meetings I wish to breifly talk about the current track that is being built and an extension to the rollercat that has been proposed. Under the track development/maintenace sub-forum I have put up a mud map of the suggested track extension and asked for ideas or suggestions from other mtbers.
9. possibility of council assistance with poisoning the lantana/weeds on the sides of the tracks to help control weed growth come the warmer months.
Steve
10. I'd like to resurrect Jason's idea from the May meeting. We need to settle on a date and venue for the club Christmas party.
11. Volunteer Incentive Scheme. This idea has been discussed informally for many years, so here's my proposal for discussion. The points allocation is just a guide for
discussion.
Points: Track build / maintenance session ...................5
Club event volunteer 1/2 day..........................5
full day..........................10
Committee member........................................20
Reward: Mtb weekend away incl. food and accom. (but not drinks) at Hiddenvale, Mt Joyce, Sunshine Coast, or similar.
For anyone who can't make the weekend, a Chain Reaction or local bike shop voucher.
Points required: 35.

Regards,
Jason
TMBC Secretary

Last edited:

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I will post up with business arising from the last meeting being that we will be voting on a Jersey for the club. Please submit designs in the Jersey thread for consideration prior to the meeting .

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
HI All

A few items for the meeting.

1. I will endeavor to get some information re skills park locations and comment from council
2. Might be worth while getting an update on Murphy's Ck from Steve
3. Could we get an update on control of erosion on the Frenzy.

Thanks

Matt

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll add a couple myself.

4. Use of machinery on trail build days. After donating my Dingo & trialing it today I think it is beneficial for the club to continue using it to save some of the manual labour. My proposal is that I will operate it & donate my time like everyone else, but would like cover some wear and tear + running costs.

5. A name for the new trail.

6. The melamine counter in the Gazebo needs to removed. I propose that we put a permanent timber top there.

7. Direction for trail development once the "new trail" is complete. Up into the "gorge track", legalise "cheeseburger", extend/balloon first loop of "rollercat", beginner "green trails" from bridge st?

Last edited:

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just thought that i'd put this back on top as this months meeting is fast approaching.

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
As part of the maintenance/building section of the monthly meetings I wish to breifly talk about the current track that is being built and an extension to the rollercat that has been proposed. Under the track development/maintenace sub-forum I have put up a mud map of the suggested track extension and asked for ideas or suggestions from other mtbers.
We will also need to get the ball rolling for the possibility of council assistance with poisoning the lantana/weeds on the sides of the tracks to help control weed growth come the warmer months.

Last edited:

boltz

Likes Dirt
Looks like Pete's got numbers 8 & 9.

So: 10 - I'd like to resurrect Jason's idea from the May meeting. We need to settle on a date and venue for the club Christmas party.

11 - Volunteer Incentive Scheme. This idea has been discussed informally for many years, so here's my proposal for discussion. The points allocation is just a guide for
discussion.
Points: Track build / maintenance session ...................5
Club event volunteer 1/2 day..........................5
full day..........................10
Committee member........................................20
Reward: Mtb weekend away incl. food and accom. (but not drinks) at Hiddenvale, Mt Joyce, Sunshine Coast, or similar.
For anyone who can't make the weekend, a Chain Reaction or local bike shop voucher.
Points required: 35.

Can't make the meeting my apologies.

Righto, at the risk of sounding like a Greenie with unachievable plans, I have a thought for debate on a possible long term solution to the lantana/weed problem that plagues our trails.

There are a number of environmental groups ie Landcare and Planet Ark that have initiatives in place for local environment issues. Now I have no idea if they would be interested in our plight or have the means to rid Jubilee of said weeds, however together with Council and TMBC it may be achievable to establish our trails as sustainable thoroughfares through the local weed population.

Positives - We get sustainable trails that require a lot less maintenance + warm fuzzy feeling!?
- Working on local environmental issues with Landcare/Planet Ark/School/Council will raise club profile help in gaining member numbers and grants in the future + warm fuzzy feeling!?
- Local environmental groups/Council get to work on said issues and take a big step in reclaiming local bushland + warm fuzzy feeling!?

Negatives - There will be a lot of hands on labour required from the club and we will have to roll our sleeves up for something that is not directly ride related (though will make life easier in the long run + warm fuzzy feeling!?)
- Trying to organise all of this whist retaining that warm fuzzy feeling!?

I have not researched in any great detail or contacted any of the aforementioned Groups, this is posted this only to initiate debate. I'm sure there has been plenty of educated discussion on this subject so my apologies if this comes across naive or if this has been brought up before. I've only been to a couple of maintenance days and I'm already sick to death of beating lantana...

Dennis

...the bloke with the red beard, formally known as, the bloke with the big red beard!

Last edited:

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Before the general meeting we need to hold a special meeting which will be very short to pass a motion on the club's accounts being audited.

Business Arising from the last meeting that should be on the agenda include:

1) Goals to be set by all executive further to President setting goals. (Don't need many goals just some ideas) For instance Steve's goal might be to have 4 editorials written every year about the club. (All Executive)

2) Progress on Skills part and pump track (Matt I think has already raised this)

3) Frenzy rutting progress. (Jiel Case)

4) Club sticker update. (Steve Baltzer)

5) Sponsorship Policy and bike shop sponsorship. (Richard McGorm and Dan Evans)

6) DX race (Might be covered under Perry's report)

conga

Squid
AussieBareFootRed

Have you thought about combining with local scouting groups(Venturers, Scouts etc.) in land care. They get a badge and we get help with maintenance everyone is warm and fuzzy.

I can't see any reason not to invite any person/group willing to help out. There may even be members of the club who are affiliated with such groups....?

AussieBareFootRed

Have you thought about combining with local scouting groups(Venturers, Scouts etc.) in land care. They get a badge and we get help with maintenance everyone is warm and fuzzy.

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Further to my previous post can we remove the sponsorship policy item until further consideration has been given to this matter. Also the special meeting will need to wait on the clubs accounts as the accounts have not yet been finalised and Keith will be away next week on holidays.

Pezza65

Likes Bikes
Looks like a BIG meeting coming up next Wednesday night …

For those of you who may not be aware, there will be a motion moved at this meeting that we proceed with a limited run of club (sponsor)-subsidised jerseys (perhaps 30), with the current sponsors and based on one of the current designs posted in the forum, or any late entry received between now and next Tuesday night.

If carried, this jersey will quite possibly become a ‘limited edition’.

In light of this I would like to suggest that we support Richard’s proposal that we consider only votes from those people who intend to buy one.

I would further suggest that any member who cannot attend the meeting who would definitely like to buy one of these jerseys cast their votes via the ‘TMBC Jersey Design Comp’ sub-forum, also no later than next Tuesday night. Please indicate clearly that you do want to buy one and which design you are voting for.

I am happy to check the forum and collate these votes for representation in the meeting.

This will give us an indication not only of demand, but also give every member an opportunity to participate in this decision.

Perry

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
I like what you are saying mate and when I get a chance I will look into it even if we can use these groups as leverage with council to get them to consider the problems we face keeping the lantana at bay.

Can't make the meeting my apologies.

Righto, at the risk of sounding like a Greenie with unachievable plans, I have a thought for debate on a possible long term solution to the lantana/weed problem that plagues our trails.

There are a number of environmental groups ie Landcare and Planet Ark that have initiatives in place for local environment issues. Now I have no idea if they would be interested in our plight or have the means to rid Jubilee of said weeds, however together with Council and TMBC it may be achievable to establish our trails as sustainable thoroughfares through the local weed population.

Positives - We get sustainable trails that require a lot less maintenance + warm fuzzy feeling!?
- Working on local environmental issues with Landcare/Planet Ark/School/Council will raise club profile help in gaining member numbers and grants in the future + warm fuzzy feeling!?
- Local environmental groups/Council get to work on said issues and take a big step in reclaiming local bushland + warm fuzzy feeling!?

Negatives - There will be a lot of hands on labour required from the club and we will have to roll our sleeves up for something that is not directly ride related (though will make life easier in the long run + warm fuzzy feeling!?)
- Trying to organise all of this whist retaining that warm fuzzy feeling!?

I have not researched in any great detail or contacted any of the aforementioned Groups, this is posted this only to initiate debate. I'm sure there has been plenty of educated discussion on this subject so my apologies if this comes across naive or if this has been brought up before. I've only been to a couple of maintenance days and I'm already sick to death of beating lantana...

Dennis

...the bloke with the red beard, formally known as, the bloke with the big red beard!

cefiro

Likes Dirt
first apologies i wont b able to attend this meeting.
second if this point could be raised, regarding the pump track sorry to chuck this in after alot of investigation has been done by lloyd, but i believe even if they do let us build at the quarry it wont be a guarantee that we will get to keep the space at a later date and i dont want to spend hours getting it smick as then to have council bulldoze it in 5secs. Also kids riding down there with out supervision club/non club members it wont b long until they get bored and start climbing fences and exploring and hurting themselves and that will also bring the track to a swift end. looking today i believe there is some flat area in the half loop of rollercat that would b perfect for a pump track and also when club races are run a pump track race can b held to and it is close to the action.
thanks scott

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
Can I add in another item for discussion?

Hi All,

Not sure if the book is closed -- but this might actually come up within the point Jason raised for discussion:
Direction of next trail building effort.

I'd like to discuss making the most of the area for building trails. Not switchbacks, but making
sure we build trails for the journey not to get from point a to point b.

My concern is that we have a limited number of trails that council will allow us to build. They have made this clear.

We need to meet all our aspirations for trails within that number of trails. Additionally, we have limited land area available.

Let's make the most of what we have available.

Kind regards

Matt