Geometron / Mojo / Nicolai G16

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know it looks odd but you don’t really need to worry about reach when seated. I’ve just gone to a ‘new geo’ rig (Trasition Sentinel) with the reach being 34mm longer than my previous bike but the effective top tube being 8mm shorter.

But its more than just that - the stack is higher and the top tube and seat tube much lower.

All combined it means that the bike is really comfortable when seated (because of the slightly shorter top tube) and i can move around on it with more freedom (longer reach) and it disappears beneath me when jumping because i now have a 170mm dropper.

Pretty cool how it all comes together.

BTW - sick bike @the drizzle . Will have to catch up with you and @TheAzza down at red hill one day
I reckon you were up at Eaton’s at the same time as me the other day.
I saw your results on Strava.

What you riding now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@the drizzle She's an absolute stunner rig btw!
Also, although I love the EXT storia, I can't help but point out that an MRP Hazard would colour match your hardware perfectly...but you'd also have to go matchy matchy on the fork.
Do you think it'd play with a 230x65 metric?
Cheers mate. Your build threads definitely contributed to this purchase!

I dunno if the additional 8mm i2i would work. I have read a lot about the bike and haven't heard of anyone fitting a metric shock.

Pretty happy with the suspension platform but would like to experiment with a 222x70 shock to get the 175mm travel at some stage for shuttle days. I am watching a cheap Marzocchi Bomber C2R Prog Boost on ebay. Seems like the new version of the dhx rc4 and has the bottom out control also.

Matchy is always a good option too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Made a few updates to my rig since posting it up here.

Fitted a bash guard and chain guide
Hope BB
Hope crankset
Nukeproof horizon carbon bars
Swapped the braided brake lines for standard ones
One up 210 dropper post
Ergon grips

Have an Ergon saddle in the post.

Aside from me wanting a hope stem I'm pretty much finished with the bike for the time being.

Really cannot put into words how well this thing corners.

Taken it up to Eaton's regularly to hit the jumps and am finding it more and more flickable the more time I spend riding it.

Absolutely love this rig.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Slapped a 12speed xt drive train on after the microspline driver arrived from Ali express.

Needed to swap the seal, pawls and springs over from the existing driver which was a little nerve racking as those springs are tiny but managed it without issue.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was running a 216x63 ext storia for 155mm travel.

Wanted to try 175mm travel so experimented with a Bos Kirk.

Absolutely loved it and managed to pick up an ext arma in 222x70 for the extra travel.

Rode it yesterday and it's amazing. The adjustable bottom out control is a great feature. I'm running a 400lb spring (Vs 500lbs on the storia) so it feels dh plush but not bottoming out.

Will keep both shocks 155mm for trail riding and 175mm for the fun stuff.

fastrider gus

super huck
Would ypu recommend the EXT for the cash compared to other more "standard" shocks? I love the look of em..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would ypu recommend the EXT for the cash compared to other more "standard" shocks? I love the look of em..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I cant say I've ridden a heap on the air shocks available now however I have ridden most of the available coil shocks.

I really rate the ext. The storia seems to be "poppier" than other coils when hitting jumps and a little more lively on the trail.

The arma is a total plow machine. I'm running closer to 40% sag and a the bottom out control maxed out. Feels ridiculously plush without bottoming, even on substantial drops. It's pig to climb however sensational on rough terrain.

To be fair I paid 2/3 of the cost of one shock for both of mine which were new un-ridden shocks but not directly through ext.

I only just got the storia back from Chris at ext Australia with a custom tune for my bike, riding style and weight. Prior to that it had a tune for the same weight range but for a zerode Taniwha.

The arma was tuned to a v10 but since I wanted it purely for dh runs it's pretty ideal for me.

Would I pay the new price for one? Probably but I sure as shit would own two in different lengths.

Fwiw Chris at ext Australia will change the shim stacks on one of these for $20 more than the cost of a service which is $220 total and he's great to deal with.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Slapped a new fork on the g16.

Went for a 29" grip2 fox 36 with 44mm offset. It feels strange to be back on air after a couple of years running a coil conversion. I was actually surprised at how good it felt.

Also ordered a 29" rim from nextie to try out this mullet business.

Clearance is ridiculous with the 27.5 wheel in there but the axle to crown is only 10mm higher on the new fork than it was previously. Moved some headset spacers around to compensate.

Curious at to which I will prefer but looking forward to experimenting.