Get a Grip

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
Hey Guy,

I am looking for recommendations on soft grips with some sort of vibration absorption.
The reason being is I am coming back from a broken arm/scaphoid and need to find something fairly soft.
I am thinking of wiring bmx grips on for now.

TIA.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Ergon for my money. Not super soft but they are ergonomically shaped to allow a softer hand and correct forearm placement. Either GE or GA, I have both and love 'em.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Another vote for Ergon.

I've got the the gp series in large on a couple of bikes, instantly fixed the pins and needles I was getting. Large means a bigger diameter grip so a bit more absorby, the gp series are "comfort" but I make big ugly pain face all the time so no one knows I have comfort grips...

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

camo71

Likes Dirt
Yeh I like the esi chunkys to , there’s also extra chunky which might be more comfy ...
not tried the ergons though to compare against

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I always found my hands slipped a fair bit on them, probably not a big deal on an xc bike but can be bloody scary when throwin down in the gnar *devil horns*

Probably not an issue when in recover mode bit thought I’d mention it. ESI’s no go for maxtrene riding

dropotaro

Likes Dirt
I recently had the same dilemma and I almost grabbed a set of Ergons after all the good reviews I read. In the end tho I grabbed a pair of the Odi elite pro and I couldn't be happier.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I always found my hands slipped a fair bit on them, probably not a big deal on an xc bike but can be bloody scary when throwin down in the gnar *devil horns*

Probably not an issue when in recover mode bit thought I’d mention it. ESI’s no go for maxtrene riding
I found the opposite. When hanging on for my life is when I can squeeze them hardest and still not feel the bars.
There are also softer foam ones from 99 bikes and pretty sure ebay has chinese brand ESI chunky's.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I found the opposite. When hanging on for my life is when I can squeeze them hardest and still not feel the bars.
There are also softer foam ones from 99 bikes and pretty sure ebay has chinese brand ESI chunky's.
Totes agree. There is an element of comfortable death grip running esi's. I have an old set of dmr bolt on alloy end caps that prevent day to day tears. Truth be told though I just bought a set of rental super comforts because they are proper lock on and I needed to get my order to the free shipping threshold...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
For a budget option I picked up a lot of these on sale at Pushy's for a few bucks a pair. They are fat, squishy, and comfy. They only have a lock on one end though so can flex a little when used on your dh bike.

Reviews and details:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/au/en/dmr-loccd-grip-without-flange/rp-prod69054

Pushy's currently:
https://www.pushys.com.au/dmr-loc-dd-w-out-flange-lock-on-mtb-grips.html

Best price (maybe?) I could find:
https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/DMR-lock-...0000100000^js=1^&_trksid=p2489528.m4983.l8656