Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

LJohn

Likes Dirt
I use mi goreng, REAL cheap with those and its like $3 a meal IF that and its so god damn healthy, compared to most other things for $3.
Your comparison saved you there, because mi goreng noodles are pretty awful for you. I'm pretty sure they are fried before drying. Along with the good ol MSG and other crap in em. They taste good though, haven't had them in ages though.

Rice noodles are great, so is miso soup. and heaps of vegies as mentioned. Mi goreng noodles are dirt cheap, though.

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Name: Schwarz
Height: 170 -175, somewhere in that range
Start Weight: Well I maxed at 86kg 2 years ago, and some of that just fell off somehow?
Current Weight: 75kg stable
Desired Weight: 67-70kg
BMI: 26.0 - 24.5 dependent on height - really need to check soon
Current Workout Plan: just started again. Riding to work and to shows -20km most days, 30 when I go somewhere afterwards. Also doing longer weekend training rides on ye old roadie (40-50km, nothing too epic) and gonna be picking up the weights soon as they are delivered.

My diet isnt great, so that is where I'm focusing. As a pretty awful vegetarian (don't like vegetables greatly haha) my diet consists of falafel kebabs, toast and vegan schnitzel. Occasional chinese vegie dishes. Focusing on adding more variety and reducing dairy content (both fat related and animal lib reasons). Also, my tendency to wake up wayyyy too late for work means breakfast is getting skipped more and more often - adding that back in for some balance.

Maggot

Likes Dirt
Name: Schwarz
Height: 170 -175, somewhere in that range
Start Weight: Well I maxed at 86kg 2 years ago, and some of that just fell off somehow?
Current Weight: 75kg stable
Desired Weight: 67-70kg
BMI: 26.0 - 24.5 dependent on height - really need to check soon
Current Workout Plan: just started again. Riding to work and to shows -20km most days, 30 when I go somewhere afterwards. Also doing longer weekend training rides on ye old roadie (40-50km, nothing too epic) and gonna be picking up the weights soon as they are delivered.

My diet isnt great, so that is where I'm focusing. As a pretty awful vegetarian (don't like vegetables greatly haha) my diet consists of falafel kebabs, toast and vegan schnitzel. Occasional chinese vegie dishes. Focusing on adding more variety and reducing dairy content (both fat related and animal lib reasons). Also, my tendency to wake up wayyyy too late for work means breakfast is getting skipped more and more often - adding that back in for some balance.
go vegan, I dropped like fuck haha.
not having too much troubles putting on muscle either, the wonders of soy protein.
hit me up if ya wanna shoot the shit about it. peace

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
go vegan, I dropped like fuck haha.
not having too much troubles putting on muscle either, the wonders of soy protein.
hit me up if ya wanna shoot the shit about it. peace
I plan on it, hence the dairy dropping - main hurdles are still licing at home and an absolute hatred of soy milk (except lush chocolate drink - FUCK ME that shit is wonderful). I'll probably shoot you a message at a later date.

Aldinga, wow, vegan straightedge?

LJohn

Likes Dirt
looking at this purely clinically, 10kg is about 70000 calories to burn. Lets say 5 months is about 153 days. That's a realistic goal. You need to burn 457.5 more calories each day then you put in. Which is doable with diet alone, but 45 minutes on a bike would burn that. I did the whole diet thing a few years ago and lost 11 kg in 6 months, I found consistency is the key.

stoff

Likes Dirt
Name: Chris
Height: 183 cm
Start Weight: 92kg
Current Weight: 92kg
Desired Weight: 80kg
BMI: 27.5
Current Workout Plan: I have just hooked the roadie onto a magnetic trainer and done a couple of sessions. As of next week when I finally have a permanent base in the town I am working in during the week, and am not living in hotel rooms, I will be moving it up here and trying to get a 30 minute plus session in every night.

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm in. i need some motivation to do this.

Name: Jase
Height: 175
Start Weight: 87kg
Current Weight: 87kg
Desired Weight: 75kg
BMI: 28.4
Current Workout Plan: Start comutting to work again 5 days a week, eat less, more hot and spicy food to speed up metabolism. Taking carnitine caps to try to break down fat to use as energy. The good lady put me on these, so we will see how it goes.

Icarus

Likes Dirt
Name: Dan
Height: 187 cm
Start Weight: 97 ish
Current Weight: 95kg
Desired Weight: 85kg
BMI: 27.2% (Overweight allegedly)
Current Workout Plan:
45-60 minute cross country runs and core body work = Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
Climbing training (upper body and core) and interval sessions = Tuesday and Thursday.
Nice long run or ride on Saturday. Rest Sunday.

I've been plagued by foot injuries lately (infected toes, sprained ankles and huge blisters) and drink too much coffee and eat too much. I'll report back later.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Name Greg
Age 30
Height 5'10" (178 cm-ish)
Weight 81kg
BMI

I've just managed to shift about 2-3kg in the last month but that's down to having 24hr access to a (fairly average) gym, good food and no access to beer.

To drop weight back in the real world (i.e still maintain some of the more unhealthy habits and strike a work/rest/exercise balance) I've got a few tips.

Commuting on yer bike's great as it gives you a fairly decent dose of exercise daily without eating into your schedule however it quickly loses some of it's effectiveness as your body becomes used to your pace of riding. I found when I used to work in Melbourne I could still maintain a fairly decent level of health and still drink like a f***ing legend by mixing up my training and watching my diet.

For exercise I'd recommend along with the commuting, try and do at least 3 sprint sessions a week. Basically spend 20 minutes on a bike (an exercise bike's the most effective for this) alternating between 12 seconds of relaxed pedalling and 8 seconds of full pelt sprinting. It cranks your heart rate up pretty quickly which is good for burning off fat and you wind up using the same (if not more) energy than you would in an hour long constant cycle. You can monkey around with the timing as well (say, 20 seconds sprint, 40 seconds rest) or by sprinting up a short steep hill, cruising back down and repeat for 20min.

Secondly I'd sign up with a cheap gym. Boxing and Martial Arts ones are the best as they're generally a lot bloody cheaper than your health and fitness clubs, you can do the classes which are good for learning new skills and uppping your training levels, you get to hit things and if the gym's anything like the one I train at, there's a f***ing absolute bonanza of hotties who train there!

Anyway, I digress a bit. Doing weights 3 times a week is brilliant for losing the pounds as after a weight session your body's still burning off fat as it repairs the muscles used during your sesh. Couple this with a bit of muscle growth and you'll be looking like fully-ripped mean machine in no time! If you want advice on what programmes to use the best thing to do is get yourself down to the newsagent and pick up a copy of Men's Health (I'd also pick up a copy of Hustler to hide it in ;)). Every issue seems to be the same shit but they always seem to have pretty decent weight-lifting guides.

Lastly there's diet to consider. Or more importantly Beer and Kebabs. Now as you're all no doubt aware, beer's not the greatest thing for keeping off the flab (for then it would be truly perfect and that'd seriously piss Allah off...)
However I still manage to maintain a fairly debauched lifestyle without turning into Shane Warne so it is possible to enjoy the best of both worlds.

First off. Low-Carb beers do fuck all for you, taste like shit and make you look like a nonce. Avoid them like the plague. There's two schools of thought on Guinness. Some people reckon it's less fattening than lagers, others more so. What I do know is that I tend to drink a lot less if I'm on the black stuff so at the end of the night I've not piled too much crap into me, I've probably not been thrown out and I've still got my trousers on. My shit might be black for the next day or two but c'est la vie :eek:.

Try and cram as much water down your neck as well. Especially on a piss-up. The worst thing I find these days is that hangovers seriously f*** me over and make it harder to exercise. If I throw in a few pints of water on an evening, I drink less and sleep better and if you combine the water with couple of berrocca the next day and a few carbs (pasta or tatties are usually good) it's easier to motivate you to get back out riding (or down the gym)

Look into changing the amount you eat, when you eat. 5 smallish meals a day is a lot better for your metabolism than 3 'square' meals. Just try and keep it healthy with plenty of pasta, chicken, fish, salad etc.
As for late night munchies when your on the razz? who gives a shit. it won't kill you to stray occasionally and it's usually a good idea to treat yourself now and again.

Now if all that sounds like too much hard work, believe me it's not really. That's all spaced out over a week and there should be 2 or 3 rest days thrown in for good measure. The weights sesh's should only be around 40 minutes long and 20 minutes sprinting is f*** all really. Just don't go in all gung-ho at the start an burn yourself out too quickly and vary it all from week to week to keep yourself interested and to stop your body shifting down a gear.

Finally. Mojitos and Caipirinhas are a great source of vitamin c. Try and include them as much as possible! ;)

Last edited:

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
First off. Low-Carb beers do fuck all for you, taste like shit and make you look like a nonce.
Ken oath!!!!!!

I'll check back on this thread when I've finished exams and the massive pissup that will follow. I want to lose about 5kg/2inches off my waist and need some motivation and a plan.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've always wanted to start, i suppose winter is the best time for it.
Name: Steve
Height: 175cm
Start Weight: 90
Current Weight: 88
Desired Weight: 80kgs or under
BMI: n/a BMI's do not reflect on my build at all.
Current Workout Plan: Well im just starting but i plan to drop down from 5-6 maccas/HJ's meals a week down to atleast 1 or hopefully 0. Also i plan to eat less meals between meals :rolleyes:.

I havent ridden a bike properly and regurlarly in 12months. I used to race XC and be semi-fit and ontop of that i used to go Dirt jumping every waking moment. I want to get back into a steady riding patern and be fit and be able to wear no t-shirt all through summer :cool:.

It wont take much to lose my gut, but i fear getting fit will be hard. Its also hard to find time to ride, as i have tafe 3 days a week, and then work the rest, so atm im getting in 1 ride a week (solid, until im absolutly buggered then go home) but i plan to change that to 2-3 rides a week, Riding along with changed diet and little weight training and maybe some running might help. I plan to lose the kg's before my 18th late nov.

I'm guessing where all gunna post up our progress every 2-3weeks? And thanks for the info, theres already lots of advice that already sounds helpful.

floody

Wheel size expert
Name: Mark
Height: 175cm
Start Weight: 101kg
Current Weight: 99kg
Desired Weight: Between 90kg and a leaner, stronger 95kg.
BMI: I give no fark for BMI.
Current Workout Plan:

I don't really have a workout plan. My job has been fairly physical - I'm nightfill supervisor in a supermarket, lots of lifting, 8km or so brisk walking each night - and I , until recently, was getting out to ride a few times a week and walking for most town based errands, so I hadn't bothered with much extra curricular exercising. When I was eating right (we'll get to that) this had seen me drop from 104kg to 96kg over the course of a couple of months, then sit on 96kg for the next year while dropping 3 pants sizes and a T-shirt size.

However...My role has become more supervisory lately, we bought a nice, comfy car, and the weather is cold. I've lost that motivation to work really hard and walk places, and don't like soiling my bicycle.

Obviously none of this is good.

Thus my plan is to push harder again at work, walk more, and get out and ride. Also get up earlier and make more of my daytime.
I'm planning to build a practise startgate for training at home when the trails are damp and will get my 4X bike out for skills and start/sprint training at least a few days a week from now on.

Diet..Eating...Referring back to motivation, I think thats also at least partly to do with my diet. I've been steadily eating more takeaway dinners - since I'm at work 15:00-00:00 most days and the cooking facilities are minimal - and that takeaway has been crap. I often skip significant meals like breakfast through laziness and snack on crap around the house too, lately. I've been drinking a couple of cans of softdrink through a shift where before I was drinking a couple of litres of water...I also have been falling into a routine of snacking on a chocolate bar at least once a night at work. I think this food is making me fat and making me feel and move slow.

My eating plan, then, is thus;
- a good big bowl of muesli at a reasonable hour in the morning,
- Not overly fatty lunch, but something of substance.
- of an evening I'm taking to eating canned soups and meals occasionally make myself a steak sandwich or similar. Not the best fare but a lot of the canned stuff is surprisingly high in energy and low in fat, and feels 'light' in the stomach which helps me keep working/walking/moving fast.
-I do cook and freeze the odd meal when I'm a bit keen, i.e. bolognese, carbonara, soups (vegetable, potato and leek etc).
-Ditch the soft drink for water and occasional juices. I no longer have coke with my bourbon :D

I'm not one for making massive changes to my diet, and I'm not one for seeking out low fat etc; but I believe in eating good food in reasonable portions as its worked in the past.

I feel it should work. Realistically I've just slacked off and started eating shit, as I kickstart myself it should go smoothly.

We shall see.

Last edited:

MasterOfReality

After forever
Name: MOR

Height: 169 cm Start Weight: 70 kg Current Weight: 67 kg
Desired Weight: Reached it BMI: 23.5 Current Workout Plan:

My weight fluctuates depending on my job. After 12 months underground on crew my weight shot up from 65kg to 71kg, but it was muscle. I have always been quite toned without making any particular effort to maintain it, but lately it has all but disappeared.

Sitting on my ass all day in the office, my weight sits around 70kg, but the muscle mass is substituted with flab. Not a good look at all on someone who is quite slim. Spare riding time has all but evaporated with house renovations going on, so thats not helping. I don't really want ass farming to be a hobby of mine.

My eating habits have stayed the same, relatively healthy. Only have takeout maybe once every 2 weeks. I eat everything. Only use olive oil for cooking but the important thing is everything in moderation. My diet reflects the cooking from my mum's home city in northern Italy. I have learn't quite a bit off her.

In the past few months I have been getting up an hour early. Usually force myself to go for a 20-30 minute run, followed by 100 push ups and 100-200 sit ups if I can manage it. I do this before breakfast so my body goes straight into my fat reserves. I also try to play tennis on Saturday for at least an hour and maybe go for a ride on Sunday.

Its working, as I have dropped the weight. If I don't feel like dragging my ass out of bed when its 6 degrees outside, I don't. With me, there is a fine line between looking healthy and looking emaciated.

Last edited:

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Name: Matt

Height: 183

Current Weight: 93-94kg

Desired Weight:
100kg ( I don't really give a shit aslong as I'm fit, feel healthy and look good)

BMI: I give no fark for BMI (stole it from floody)

Current Workout Plan: Work and that's about it. I rarely have time to ride anymore and surfing has almost become a distant memory ( I live two minutes from the beach and the last surf I had was ~3months ago!). I was training at the gym quite a bit (muscle building) with my cousin but when he moved I lost motivation and stopped going.

I eat pretty good food but I think I eat too and don't do enough exercise to lose weight, my weight never fluctuates and I've been sitting on 93-94 odd kilo's for a while.

I might sound like a cock saying this but I annoy myself because my natural physique would allow me to lean down/bulk up quite easily.

I think it all boils down to my love for food and lack of motivation to do some real exercise. I'm a very motivated person with most things (eg work) but the last thing I want to do when I come home from work is goforafuckingrun. I really need to start up a surfing routine to get me back on track. I'm also picking up my moto this weekend which I believe will help me get a bit fitter/stronger at least. Riding 3/4 days to work a week and the odd smash up the bush on the weekend should help a little.

LBizzle

Likes Dirt
Name: Luke
Height: 172cm
Current Weight: 49kg's
Desired Weight: 49.1kg's
BMI: last time i was in the middle of the healthy group so i don't care.
Current Workout Plan: eat more!:D

Plow King

Little bit.
Name: Chris
Height: 182
Start Weight: 118
Current Weight: 108
Desired Weight: 95ish. (Granted I'm not exactly the slimmest person but I have quite abit of muscle from the many years I've played sports ect. )
BMI: No idea, probably something horiffic. As I said muscle probably plays a big part.
Current Eating plan: Basically eat regularly and cut out the crap. Just cutting out Coke has made a huge impact to my body. I've lost 7kilo's in the past 2 and a half weeks just by implementing this strategy.
Current Work out plan: Basically I've changed my sleeping pattern which in turn has dramatically influenced the way and what I eat. If I goto bed early this means I wake up early and eat a big breakfast and take the dog out for a walk. On Friday/Saturday/Sunday I have been riding a shitload, doing push runs, shuttles and what not. Every Friday/Saturday and sunday for the last few weeks I have been busting my arse on the dh tracks trying to get fitter. Hell I've even opented to do push runs instead of shuttles to get fitter. Also I've been hitting up the push ups and sit ups in the morning, trying to get atleast one more than the day before.

ONE PIECE OF ADVICE I WILL OFFER YOU ALL.

Not that I should be offering anyone advice but it has been helping me eat well for the last few weeks and will help me continue to eat well until I get to or beyond my Goal weight. Once the body loses a certain amount of weight it triggers the brain into thinking that you need to eat more or eat more shit. This is a response mechanism the brain has, it thinks your current weight is a healthy weight and if you start losing weight it trys to make you put on weight by sending urges to eat shit. So next time you think about eating shit just remind yourself that it is this feedback mechanism trying to make you put the weight back on.

Also one piece of advice that I try to live by is do not be tempted by shit, because once you eat that first piece of crap you will be tempted to do it again. The old 'Argh I've eaten this, I've fucked the eating plan ohwell who cares' has stopped me in the past afew times, just refrain and think about what you're eating remember it will be gone in a minute or two and you will regret it.

I'm going to use this thread a sense of inspiration and a guide to keep me on track, I'm determined to make this work this time. I hope this helped some other people and I certainly hope it helps me.

Chris.

Last edited:

Nub

Banned
Name: Nub. You pedo freaks aren't tricking me with that shit.
Height: 182cm (6 foot)
Current Weight: 67kg (Lanky kids rule)
Desired Weight: 75kg+
BMI: 20.2
Current Workout Plan: Nothing. I'm not kidding, I rarely go riding, I just go to school, eat, come home, eat, sleep, eat, do it all again. Over the weekends I go out, get drunk and ruin my young body. I eat absolute shitloads of food, chips, pizza, chocolate, whatever. After work I've been known to eat over half a kilo of chocolate in one sitting, and I never gain weight nor have fat on me.

I'm aiming to bulk up a bit as I get older, but with school and riding, theres not much time for anything else, particularly strenious activity!

During term I'd be lucky to get 50km's a week on the XC bike.
During the holidays, at least 400-500km's a week on the XC bike, depending on if I can be stuffed.

ONE PEICE OF ADVICE I WILL OFFER YOU ALL.
Buy a new metabolism.

Mine pwns. :)

Last edited:

LJohn

Likes Dirt
I've lost 7kilo's in the past 2 and a half weeks just by implementing this strategy.
You're implying that over 2.5 weeks, you used to drink 49000 calories worth of coke. That's over 300 cans. 7 kilos would be mostly liquid. That is the 'yo-yo weight'.

Nub

Banned
You're implying that over 2.5 weeks, you used to drink 49000 calories worth of coke. That's over 300 cans. 7 kilos would be mostly liquid. That is the 'yo-yo weight'.
No, you're wrong.

He chopped off his hands.