Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
Yeah I got a 90 serving tub for $80...

How much do you use etc? and how often do you drink it?
Two level scoops. I only use it when I train, but there's guys out there who take it in the mornings and stuff as well. Each to their own with that sort of thing.

Plow King

Little bit.
My review of roxylean. Havnt noticed shit apart from being nervous/shaky as bell. No energy boost noticed or thermogenic noticed have lost weight though. Dunno if its doing anything other than making me jittery but I may swell keep on using. No harm I guess.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Original plan was to bulk to 90, cut to 80kg but screw that. It's fun and it's working but I'm not happy with the flat belly.

New plan is to cut to lean super saiyen levels and slow bulk (leangain) to 80kg.

Translation for plow: "Pepper ur angus brah, I'm disregarding gains, aquiring asthetics to pull the bishes and honour the Zyzz culture, srs"

Last edited:

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
Original plan was to bulk to 90, cut to 80kg but screw that. It's fun and it's working but I'm not happy with the flat belly.

New plan is to cut to lean super saiyen levels and slow bulk (leangain) to 80kg.

Translation for plow: "Pepper ur angus brah, I'm disregarding gains, aquiring asthetics to pull the bishes and honour the Zyzz culture, srs"
No homo?

Solid plan, Steve. I think I'm going to do something similar. Aim is to cut to 80ish, then slowly build up to a long term goal of 90kg lean. Oh, and pull bishes mirin' my Zyzzthetics.

Consistently pulling 180kg deads now. Went for 190 today, but couldn't quite get it.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Consistently pulling 180kg deads now. Went for 190 today, but couldn't quite get it.
Monster...

This Cut/shred serves two purposes, raise motivation via fully sic abs and to get back into the consistency required for heavy weightlifting.

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
No homo?

Solid plan, Steve. I think I'm going to do something similar. Aim is to cut to 80ish, then slowly build up to a long term goal of 90kg lean. Oh, and pull bishes mirin' my Zyzzthetics.

Good stuff Andrew.

4 weeks of snowboarding in Colorado starting tomorrow. Bring on copious amounts of beer, food and no weights. I'm going to hate myself this time next month, but man it'll be worth it until then.

syphon_the_python

Likes Dirt
Stats from today;

Deadlift: 140kg - 1x5

Squat: 95kg - 3x5

Bench: 55kg - 3x5

Dips: BW - 2x8

Pushups: BW - 2x8

Bench is still appalling but I heeded the advice given in this thread and managed to increase by 5kg after a long plateau.

What are people's thoughts on belts? I squatted in one today and my core felt really stable.

Plow King

Little bit.
Slow bulk would be the good way to go. Don't follow my route of Cbf cut later :p I'm aiming for 80kg and see how I look hopefully better lol7kg to go :(

my02

Likes Dirt
Stats from today;
What are people's thoughts on belts? I squatted in one today and my core felt really stable.
Theres your answer. Work on your core.

THE main purpose of the mid-section musculature is to resist movement. Training these muscles will improve your stability and act as a natural belt.

Damienp

Likes Dirt
Plank, Side plank, T- push up, Russian twists.

Do a static and a twist at least once a week. More if you want to increase strength specifically as you become more accustomed to the movements and strength/ stamina increases.

Last edited:

madridingengineer

Likes Dirt
Just dl'd 40kg for reps. Umad?
Good stuff.
Doing lighter deadlifts for high reps and good form is underated.
We often do deadlift rep schemes like:
1-10-1-20-1-30-1
Good to get some volume in training (if form suffers go lighter and make it PERFECT). Good for grip strenght too.

Yeww... Great session with back squats last night. Stoked. Ive been stuck at 90kg for a while now. I knew it was a technique thing becasue i was folding at the bottom, so i just assumed it was me not stabilizing more core enough/being upright enough in the squat. But had the coach pick that my bar postion was way to far up which was leading to me having to fight both the squat and the weight being past my midline, so i adjusted it further down and bamm 110kgx1 and 90kgx3 back squat!!! Yewww

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good stuff.
Doing lighter deadlifts for high reps and good form is underated.
We often do deadlift rep schemes like:
1-10-1-20-1-30-1
Good to get some volume in training (if form suffers go lighter and make it PERFECT). Good for grip strenght too.

Yeww... Great session with back squats last night. Stoked. Ive been stuck at 90kg for a while now. I knew it was a technique thing becasue i was folding at the bottom, so i just assumed it was me not stabilizing more core enough/being upright enough in the squat. But had the coach pick that my bar postion was way to far up which was leading to me having to fight both the squat and the weight being past my midline, so i adjusted it further down and bamm 110kgx1 and 90kgx3 back squat!!! Yewww
I don't think deadlifts need the same amount of volume as other lifts but dropping the weight and practising form is crucial! I think thats what helped me the most. I do 1-2 sets first at a light weight just to get into the rhythm of the right movements. IMO 50-60% 1RM is a good weight, it's easy to get up and you have enough weight on the floor to make use of the spring load effect at the set of the lift.

What's that 1-10-1-20-30-1 thing? Is that reps? 1rep - 10reps - 1 rep - 20 reps etc?

Congratz on the back squat! 100kg is a good feeling, I struggle sometimes to get the bar low enough without arms cramping but I know exactly what you mean! With the bar higher, in the bottom of the squat it'll actually push you forward onto your toes. Then your pretty much doing a 100kg good morning to start the squat lol.

P.s. ALOT of people on my facebook are full into fitness and gym work at the moment. Every status they make is a motivational quote, they do HUGE gym workouts etc. There making good progress which is good but I wonder how long they will go for... I REALLY want to post a 200kg deadlift photo on FB so I'll be gunning for that magical lift this year :p

madridingengineer

Likes Dirt
What's that 1-10-1-20-30-1 thing? Is that reps? 1rep - 10reps - 1 rep - 20 reps etc?
Yeah thats it. Warm up and get comfortable with weight first. Then go for a solid lift thats close to a 1rm. Then 3-5min break then 10 @ 80% (should be a fight), 3-5min rest then 20@65-70% etc etc.

So anyone getting close to the magical 200kg deadlift???

ahaahhaha check this video out.... its like a car accident, horrible but i just cant look away 'and it just goes straight up' lol happy days!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j0W9f_LOYg&feature=youtu.be

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ohh cool. That's an interesting format, I might give it a try next time I'm experimenting. I usually pyramid it up. Something like 110kg x8, 130kg x5, 140kg x5, 150kg x3 165kg x1. I find 8/10 performing a 1RM deadlift totally kills me and I really can't do much else. Even if I attempt a new PB and it doesn't even move off the floor, I'm totally farked and can't lift anything for awhile.

Lol @ the video, he's pretty much pressing the weight up!

Re: 200kg Dead lift. It'll probably take me a couple months to get to 180 but I hope to get 200kg by the end of the year. Hard to tell, I went from 140kg-170kg in 1 month. I'm probably at 160 right now, I did 140kg x5 yesterday

Plow King

Little bit.
Yeah dls arnt for me. My lower back is pretty dotted from being a fat Kent. I practised the form with a workmate (ex pt and bb competitor) and even after 2 acceptable reps of sfa weight shit didn't feel right.
Sticking to dem dere pulldowns.

Look like everyone is doing well :)

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah dls arnt for me.
I wouldn't give up man, you probably have to fix your flexibility first in order to lift right. Of course if you hate doing them and you keep injuring yourself, it's no good, but for me it's the biggest lift of them all.

If you look back through this thread it took me AGES to figure it out and then one day it just clicked! I still have days where I can't do them but man, feels incredible standing there locked out with 2xBW.

Try some goblet squats... Whilst I don't have my arse that low in the DL, I find the extra flexibility from these helps keep my back straight.