Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

madridingengineer

Likes Dirt
Nice lifts dude! Coming along nicely.
You should calculate your total with the bench instead of the press. The Squat/Bench/Deadlift are the 3 main lifts in powerlifting. Combine the three and that's your Powerlifting total. Easier to compare with others.
Cheers mate. Ahh ok never heard of a power lifting total before though. Cool.

Were just doing a little inter-gym comp at the moment called the 'WOD Games'. 1 workout per week for 10weeks and you compare your scores etc. Just a bit of fun.
https://www.facebook.com/thewodgames

Ill give the proper powerlifting total a try then. All though i doubt it will be much bigger though :(. We rarely bench (maybe twice in the whole of 2011). Normally do weighted pushups, some floor press, elevated ring pushups etc.

Legs... hurt... so.... much.....
Magnesium, Fish oil and even though you wont want to do it- just get moving agian, walking,jogging what ever. active rest :)

jonozrx

Likes Dirt
Lost just over a kilogram in the last 7 days. Summary of events is as follows:

Monday: Did flat bench for the first time in 6 years (shoulder injury) - managed to hit 105kg x 1. Should make 107.5kg or even 110kg tomorrow.

Wednesday: Box-squatted 115kg x 1 off a super-low box (30cms - way below parallel). Will hopefully translate to a 130kg+ parallel back squat, but I could be dreaming.

Saturday: Gashed my arm down to the bone and got some stitches.

Today: Deadlifted 182.5kg after a XC ride, then easily jumped onto an 80cm box a bunch of times. Could probably go another 10cm right now, and if I lose another 10kgs I should be able to jump over 100cm. Will buy rubber mats and report back.

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
Having not done any exercise in the past 6 weeks besides a swim at the beach a few times, I'm starting to seriously crave the gym. I have an appointment on the 30th with an ortho surgeon to find out whether I need surgery on my shoulder so looking forward to knowing what's going to happen.

On a side note, had a drunken night out in the city last night. Walking home from the station at 2:30am and meet two good looking girls, we start talking and turns out one of them lives down the road from me. We start walking that way and one of the girls says her dad is famous, so i ask his name: "Lee Priest" she replies. Now I thought I had heard this name somewhere, when I get home i google'd him. Former Mr Olympia competitor. Sorta weird end to the night.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorta weird end to the night.
Wow, That's a pretty cool end to the night! Her name is Aleigh. Lee Preist is a machine.

Work starts tomorrow after massive holidays. This means routine. This means effective training. Win

Great progress in this thread of late! Keep it up fellas, (girls?)

p.s. Aleigh

Last edited:

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
Yeah, where da fuck is Karen? (Shrinking violin)
Now posting as "Norco Maniac".

Just mixed 1 scoop of strawberry protein, 2 raw eggs, 1 banana, a scoop of icecream, milk and a handful of blueberries into the blender. I jizzed in my pants a little bit.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just gunna repost this little graph here, I asked a Q over at AusBB about creatine as I kept feeling sick when taking it. I can't handle much over 2-3g. Graph shows in the long run, loading doesn't matter because after 6 days the levels are the same. I usually take supplements (fish oil, Multi-v, BCAA, Creatine) twice a day, with breakfast, and when I get home from work. I'll be splitting my creatine up in two, having 3g in the morning and 3 at night.

Edit: Holy fark. I thought facebook was bad but I just went for my first 2012 gym sesh during my normal time (peak hour) and the shit i saw.. wow. 1/4 reps everywhere, stupid crazy movements and hectic lineup for equipment. On the plus side, new bodybuilders. Walked in and I saw two people deadlifting!!! Fuark. One of them was lifting 190kg for reps.... I've NEVER seen anyone deadlift over 100kg. Oh, two chicks, really tight short parts as usual, doing squats.. awesome. But mega let down by the 1/10th reps. Sad face

Last edited:

Plow King

Little bit.
Haha. Shift work is pretty awesome means no one is here and I cab make all kinds of fucked up faces without ppl jusging. Edit 3 reps at 90kg and 1 with the slowest positive ever on the smith (still claiming it :p

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pulled 170kg about 7/8's of the way! Just didn't lock it out but I did a hell of alot of work beforehand so I was extremely happy with that!

Also booked in some technique coaching at PTC. Might be able to up my lifts abit, or atleast put me on the right track.

Is that 100kg squat in the smith plow? Good stuff! IMO putting 4-6 20's on something is a great feeling.

norcorulz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First day back in the gym since like Xmas Eve.....

Smashed it up. Felt very refreshed and strong.

Did a leg and back session and got new PB's for my squat and deadlift

Squat 120kg x 6 reps
Deadlift 150kg x 5 reps.

2012 could be a good year.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm in the middle of getting my body science on before I start working out again. What's everyone's opinion on breathing technique for big lifts? Deep breath and then hold it through the rep then exhale? I'm sure some yoga experts could sort this out straight away.

On another note I am atrophied as fuck.