Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
went away with work for 2 weeks, no gym and to much piss means i lost all the work i put in the 4 weeks before, devo'd. time to start again

syphon_the_python

Likes Dirt
Update! Set a few pb's tonight, absolutely stoked. I'm in quite a bit of pain now, so definitely keen to see what tomorrow is like.

Weight is at a peak, sitting around 83.5kg's currently. Since starting in mid-March, I've gained 7kg's. Deadlift has gone up from 100kg to 160kg, bench has gone from 50kg to 72.5kg and squat has increased from 80kg to 125kg. Absolutely stoked with the results over the past 6 weeks, and have definitely got to thank a few individuals in this thread for all the help given to me thus far.
Short term goals are 90kg by the end of June, maintain my weight over the snow season and hit 200kg deadlift + 100kg bench by October. Keeeeeeeen.
Congrats Matty, you've come a long way in such a short time!

My current lifts and goals are almost identical to yours, though I'm 6'3 and 95kg or so, and have been training since October.

I've been cutting for a week and all I can say is that I'M HUNGRY!

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice progress matty! Progressive lifting + eating food = numbers!

I'm still buggered but I'm at 73.85kg now, from 74.45. 2 weeks ago and 75.50 4 weeks ago. Diet? Anything.

My waist has never been this small and my chest is at its biggest. V-taper go! Once the cut finishes, I'll be powerlifting like a champ until 2013.

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
I'm still buggered but I'm at 73.85kg now, from 74.45. 2 weeks ago and 75.50 4 weeks ago. Diet? Anything.
Sounds perfect, around the 0.5kg a week zone.

Starting Sheiko today. My body is not ready for the punishment it's about to cop.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a mate admitted to hospital last night, after an attempt on his own life. Dr's have suggested his depression, and specifically this instance, has been brought on by steroid use. I spoke to his sister this morning, she said mentally, he's all over the shop right now. He'll be alright, but I can't help but feel I should be passing it on as a warning.

On a lighter note, I found a drink bottle under my bed today, which has had stagnant protein shake fermenting in it for almost a month I reckon. Was not tempted to drink the last few drops.

Also, gym sesh today was pretty much a write off. Felt great using the muscles again after Sunday, but lifts were not even remotely close. I don't feel like I accomplished much, but I know that this Thursday I'll smash another big session. Does anybody know/have an opinion, on whether alternating intensities such as this is inefficient for development?

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any particular reason for no deads or squats?
Damaged back.

I think what you'll be doing at the moment Plow is pretty close to as much as you can do. Obviously it will just involve using more isolation exercises to make up for the lack of compounds. If you feel you're missing out on some aspect of a workout, have a look at what muscle groups the exercises you are currently doing activate, and then adjust to suit.

Last edited:

Plow King

Little bit.
Yah working around it. Kinda sucks though would like to put up some numbers but not worth snapping shit up. Just looking to mix it up abit and try some full body workouts for a while and burn some extra calories on top of the cardio I do afterwards.

Zam

Likes Dirt
Still plenty of exercises you can do for back and legs without doing deads and squats.

But is it possible to still squat with using a very light very and higher reps? I found even with an injured back i was able to? but i couldnt do deads...

Anyways for legs you should still be able to do lunges, leg extn, leg curls, seated calf raises, leg press (maybe) and for back:- Wide Pull Ups, Narrow grip pull downs, seated mid row both narrow and wide, maybe DB rows?

Plow King

Little bit.
Yeah I can't get my back straight. No matter how much I try and even with close to decent form with lightweight its still ruinesly painful the next morning. I just stick to high rep leg press, leg curls. And stick to pulldowns, pull UPS, rows etc for back hasn't hindered me at all I dont.think.

Was just looking for a full body workout which doesnt include those lifts.

Damienp

Likes Dirt
Yeah I can't get my back straight. No matter how much I try and even with close to decent form with lightweight its still ruinesly painful the next morning. I just stick to high rep leg press, leg curls. And stick to pulldowns, pull UPS, rows etc for back hasn't hindered me at all I dont.think.

Was just looking for a full body workout which doesnt include those lifts.
If your back is up to shit. Stay away from Leg Presses. Stresses the lower back like a mofo.

Plow King

Little bit.
Yeah hence the high reps. With less weight.

My full body workout turned into a back and shoulder workout with 5 sets of leg press lol