Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

Zam

Likes Dirt
Is this true, i had a bad back for a while so i switched from squating to leg press and no pain at all with heavy weight(for me lol)
All depends on how you leg press, if you bring the weight down too far your lower back will raise off the seat and round, this is where the problems and injuries can occur, HOWEVER, if you leg press and allow you back to remain in the seat and really concertrate on your glutes, hammies and quads pushing it can be done quite safely.

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
Yeah hence the high reps. With less weight.
All depends on how you leg press, if you bring the weight down too far your lower back will raise off the seat and round, this is where the problems and injuries can occur, HOWEVER, if you leg press and allow you back to remain in the seat and really concertrate on your glutes, hammies and quads pushing it can be done quite safely.
Yeah, I'd warrant a guess that weight has nothing to do with it, it's more a question of proper form + time under stress.

First week of bulking. Since Monday I've done 2 Sheiko workouts and a power profile test. Have another Sheiko session tomorrow, and a downhill race Sunday. My legs are going to be absolutely/are already, ruined.

Damienp

Likes Dirt
Yeah, I'd warrant a guess that weight has nothing to do with it, it's more a question of proper form + time under stress.
Either way there are studies that show it puts the lower back in a very vulnerable position. I will try and dig them up and post links when i get some time.

chris95

Likes Dirt
Either way there are studies that show it puts the lower back in a very vulnerable position. I will try and dig them up and post links when i get some time.
Yerh nah I believe you cheers, I go quite low but make sure its only my hips and legs pivoting not lower back, I find the pressure from the weight pushes my back into the seat and holds it without movement.

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
Yeah for sure, I avoid them like the plague.

First race tomorrow since dropping 14ish kg. Keen as.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anyone employ a multivitamin to ensure they are getting all their essential nutrients? My diet is very very healthy (lean meats, fish, vegtables, fruit, relatively unprocessed grains, legumes etc), but I'm not even remotely qualified to determine whether I am ticking all the vitamin and mineral requirements (except vitamin C, fibre and Omega 3 I know I have bucketloads of those)

Is it worth investing in a multi vitamin just as a fall back?

-Andrew

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
My diet is very very healthy (lean meats, fish, vegtables, fruit, relatively unprocessed grains, legumes etc)
You pretty much answer you question already! - as long as you meet the general recommendations for fresh fruit, veges and eat a good variety of foods, you'll be fine.

The only need to ever take one is if you are deficit in a given vitamin, but any decent Dietician will counsel you to adjust your diet rather than take a pill (and nutritionists are clueless - don't listen to them). There's been numerous studies over the years to show vit. supplementation has no beneficial effect other than creating more expensive pee (and it makes the company a lot of money which they obviously like).

Massive industry - that does massive amounts of advertising, essentially all built on lies.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Sounds just like the supplement industry :p
Yeah pretty much, although caffeine works for aerobic pursuits, creatine has some benefits and protein supplementation works to a degree. I always enjoy going into supplement shops and hassling the staff, or listening to the twits at gyms.

jonozrx

Likes Dirt
Fingers are feeling better after a cortisone shot, so slowly getting back into it. 3.5 months of no weights has not been good, haha.

Plow King

Little bit.
Fuck not good lol. Finished my full body workout. Stupidly thought it would be interesting to see what weight I could punch out. Got 110 up relativly easy then as I started dropping down. Snap city. Fuucckk. Can't deadlift lol. Well I can but not without raping my back. Stick to leg press and pull downs :(

Zam

Likes Dirt
Silly boy Plow, should wait till your back is fully recovered and even then start deads on a low weight and SLOWLY build the weight back up again.......

Plow King

Little bit.
The weight itself wasn't too bad I got it up pretty easily its just the fact that my lower back can't handle that Mich strain even at really lightweight its all fucked up.