Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

Zam

Likes Dirt
Ok Cheers guys I will make sure I get one of the guys running the gym to check my form next time I go.
Could be a good move, there is nothing like getting someone to check form every now and then, I still do this from time to time even though i have been lifting for many years.

Just make sure they know what they are doing as i have seen many "qualified" people giving poor advice when it comes to quatting over the years, a great place to start would be a Powerlifting gym even if it for one or two sessions

Zam

Likes Dirt
These are generally commercial gyms, hahahaha,

legsnotevenonce.jpeg

But yes your right about the squat rack always being available.

clockworked

Like an orange
not at sydney uni gym... Douchebags are in the minority there, but rugby players are in the vast majority. At their training times it isn't even worth going

Skarajew

Likes Bikes
Long time reader, first time poster.

Where to begin? Well these are the before and after photos.

534574_10152093177800021_2127450580_n.jpg

At 13 (115kg), at 18 (74kg), at 22 (92kg) and at 25 (77kg)

Battled with the bulge most of my life. Working in a construction camp in onslow (in the pilbara desert of WA), so living the FIFO lifestyle. Long hours in the heat, in semi-physical work (I'm a surveyor) and split from outside to office about 50/50. I would near on be drinking in the summer (most days are over 35, can get as high as the 40's with up to 60% humidity) at the moment between 4 and 6 litres of water a day, and 600ml to a litre after work. No alcohol or softdrink either.

Now,

With the classes here, my weeks (4 and 1 off) are as follows

Monday: Abs and boxing
Tuesday: Abs and Crossfit
Wednesday: Half Hour of cardio
Thursday : Abs and Crossfit
Friday : Abs and arms
Saturday : Half Hour of Cardio
Sunday : Do the washing

Usually down a Protein Shake afterwards with some High protein low carb stuff, with 99% low fat skim milk

Eating mainly cooked and raw vegies, with just lean as i can find meat. All bran and natural unflavoured yogurt for breakfast. Smoko is usually a brutal as helping of vegies and lean roast beef. Lunch is tuna and veggies. Dinner is stew and vegies.

Now,

I'm now at a decent state, but struggling to get over the line with a 6 pack. anyone have any tips with what im doing? Am I avoiding too many carbs?

Regards,

niko

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
I rarely visit, and never post any more but i cant believe this threads still going!

Just chirping in to say top work to you all!
it takes guts to get out there and talk about these things... even on a forum from behind a keyboard!:victorious:

krisko

Likes Dirt
In regards to some of the weights being lifted, WTF!
Readers please don' t read and be put off, think your weak etc
It's easy to post big numbers, a lot harder to back them up!

I am referring to the 180kg plus deadlifts, 160 plus squats natural with 6-8% claims. If your doing this and riding really well, damn Im impressed! I want to see some vids lifting and riding!

I have a 3 friends on decent Test/Deca, Test/var and test/dbol cycles not lifting some of the numbers being claimed here!
That's with 6-12 years of natural training prior! Paleo diet's etc (They don't ride)
Also despite the media crap regarding being on steroids, they have no roid rage and are humble and honest in what they do and they train discreetly.
I trained with, 2 , abot 8 weeks ago we did legs and we spent too much time dropping the weight for me. I haven't trained with them since.

BTW I made them spin on the stationery trainer afterwards and they couldn't believe, I could put out substantially more Watts them then when doing intervals.

I leg pressed 270kg's 5reps during winter and was flamed by a skinny mate claiming he was pressing 300kg +. Icaught up with, some weeks later when I trialled another gym, I challenged him and he failed on 220kg, 1rep...
Shesh! the excuses came, thick and heavy.

After winter I stopped lifting, as my riding suffered. I put on too much muscle and weight,(went from 91kg to 97kg) felt sluggish and became slow on the bike. Race times didn't lie I was going backwards!

I believe weight training has it's merits for riding with high rep workouts to failure. IMHO You want to develop slow twitch muscle fibres to benefit your riding endurance. Training to (true)failure like this, will develop strength and endurance.
Training 5x5's will develop fast twitch fibres and not really benefit your riding.

After dropping my training down from 3-4 times, a week to twice a week and upping my weekly km's, I have dropped 8kg.
(6'3" down from 97kg's to 89kg's) no idea of BF% as I don't have callipers.
I am aiming to drop down to 86-87, for self satisfaction and riding goals.

Last edited:

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
In regards to some of the weights being lifted, WTF!
Readers please don' t read and be put off, think your weak etc
It's easy to post big numbers, a lot harder to back them up!

I am referring to the 180kg plus deadlifts, 160 plus squats natural with 6-8% claims. If your doing this and riding really well, damn Im impressed! I want to see some vids lifting and riding!

Honestly, I don't see it as being that crazy. I was doing rippetoe's starting strength and got my squat up to 140kg within 12-18 months (@ a lean 79kg). Consistent training, lots of rest and eating well. I think body type and proportions come into a lot too.

Since then, I've stopped training strength so hard but have no doubt I could get back to 2 x BW quite easily.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I am currently back squatting 160kg 4x8 and front squat 120 4x8, without too much difficulty, natural and this is a lot lower than the 200+kg I'd squat in years gone by (knee dislocation last year slowed me down). That being said that's less than x2 body weight for me and I only go to 90 degrees at the knee, specific to cycling and it doesn't cause any knee aggravation. I could not do this with the arse to the floor. haven't done a 45 leg press in ages, used to be 450kg x10 and there was a skinny female sprinter at gym doing 550kg... this challenged my masculinity :D

My Wifes bench is terrible (50kg), but her squat with excellent form is 120kg 4x10, she enjoys lifting more than the posers.

I used to ride with a 40 year old bloke who was still benching 160kg, squatting 220kg, so what people on here claim seems pretty reasonable to me.

People on the gear usually have poor training practices that limit/plateau their gains, and generally are interested in mass not realising that this does not equal strength (just my opinion from spending the last 20 years in gyms).

Last edited:

krisko

Likes Dirt
[video=youtube;pM7uyP6cXgY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-AM0TPeDhU[/video]
The only female I could find leg pressing 550kg, Famous and huge!

Claims like this would put her into serious contention for powerlifting records 550kg leg press! Then being a skinny runner ENOUGH SAID!
550 pounds yes, 550kg and her legs would be that big she couldn't run. Well maybe but she could, but she would look like the ROCK running!

Sure I believe 160 4x8, hell I was doing 160kg when I stopped training big and focussed on slow twitch training.
Down sides, my legs are huge though and Im only riding B grade.
I was training for 18months before hitting 160kg x1.

Some early posts are claiming outrageous numbers and I don't want readers to get put off.

3 Plates a side parallel squat is huge and an accomplishment after a long time training and I would consider a hindrance to riding, I do.
Plain and simple my legs are too big and I have to unfortunately carry that weight cycling!
Going back I wish I knew how to train properly for cycling. Slow twitch to failure.

Last edited:

krisko

Likes Dirt
[video=youtube;J-AM0TPeDhU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-AM0TPeDhU[/video]
Woops sorry, heres the 550kg female leg press

PS Shes no skinny runner and famous for her ummmm natural strength:tape:

Plow King

Little bit.
Sup people.

Long time no see. I'm abit of a keg atm checking in at 92kg. I'm still 28kg from when I started and a whole lot stronger so that's a plus I guess. Lifts have gone up a fair bit. Still struggling with my back. Did a few sets of light squats the other day. They felt pretty good. I think I'll be doing them once every 2-3 weeks just to save my back a little. I'll be sticking to the leg press. :)

My lifts. Sorry no dead lifts. Last time I tried that I worked up to 120 x 2. backcrack and a week off work. Lol

Bench. 40's X 5

Shoulder press: 32.5's X 6

Leg press : 7 plates a side 10 reps.

Squats - First time in a year trying them again the other day - 70kg x 10 - Ass basically touching the ground.

If there's something I'm forgetting let me know. Time to start cutting. I'll post up a picture once I'm less oval shaped.

Oh. can anyone recommend some decent straps? The amount of times I've almost dropped 50kg on my feet doing shrugs is numerous.

Skarajew

Likes Bikes
Sup people.

Long time no see. I'm abit of a keg atm checking in at 92kg. I'm still 28kg from when I started and a whole lot stronger so that's a plus I guess. Lifts have gone up a fair bit. Still struggling with my back. Did a few sets of light squats the other day. They felt pretty good. I think I'll be doing them once every 2-3 weeks just to save my back a little. I'll be sticking to the leg press. :)

My lifts. Sorry no dead lifts. Last time I tried that I worked up to 120 x 2. backcrack and a week off work. Lol

Bench. 40's X 5

Shoulder press: 32.5's X 6

Leg press : 7 plates a side 10 reps.

Squats - First time in a year trying them again the other day - 70kg x 10 - Ass basically touching the ground.

If there's something I'm forgetting let me know. Time to start cutting. I'll post up a picture once I'm less oval shaped.

Oh. can anyone recommend some decent straps? The amount of times I've almost dropped 50kg on my feet doing shrugs is numerous.
Yo plow king, good to see a post by you mate, I think you're leading the way for all of us to give out some updates.

I'm using Harbinger lifting straps, they go for around the 20 dollar mark at rebel sports. I like them, and think that they are well worth the cash. I have moved from the more 'cardio' focused classes, to using jefit app and running a lot of weights. I have really only just started squats and deadlifts in the last few months, so my PB's are pretty woeful compared to some of the other gents on here, but i'm improving most weeks/swings. I had sublaxed my shoulder this week, so upper body weights will need to take a backburner.

Lifting stats are:
Smith Rack Squat : 3sets of 8 @ 80kg
Barbell Deadlift: 3 sets of 8 @ 75kg
Dumbell bench press: 3 sets of 8 @ 25's

Since the last post (january some time?) I have taken the liberty of using my fitness pal( as instructed on here), and have seen the error of my ways. As much as I had thought I was doing well (In hind site still a lot better than most) I never understood how much sugar I was taking in. I dipped into 75 kg, but spiked back up to 79 and not really budging all that much. It's not that bad as its well within the BMI range. But fruit has been limited to 1 banana a day, no more sugar and milk in my tea, and getting into lots and lots of boiled egg whites. Try and do about 22 a day.

So I've set my daily macro goals to 1750cal, with 28grams fat a day, 128grams carbs a day and 234grams protein a day, as a cutting diet. It seems to be working well, I had started this on the 16th of january.

I had my body stats measured on a cruise ship at a wedding and came in at,

12% Body fat
9.1kg Fat Body Weight
66.9kg of Lean Body Weight
2033cal Basel Metabolic Rate
47.1L Total Body Water (62% body weight, 0.4% of lean weight)
468ohms Bioresistance

A brief progress shot, me in 2010, me in 2012 in my first triathlon race, and me this week. Since the shoulder injury (and getting a bike up here) I will be focusing on just abs and cardio for the next 2-3 weeks while i recover. If i can drop just a few more percent, i swear i will be able to see abs!!!

Regards,

Niko

imageepq.jpg

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
[video=youtube;pM7uyP6cXgY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-AM0TPeDhU[/video]
The only female I could find leg pressing 550kg, Famous and huge!

Claims like this would put her into serious contention for powerlifting records 550kg leg press! Then being a skinny runner ENOUGH SAID!
550 pounds yes, 550kg and her legs would be that big she couldn't run. Well maybe but she could, but she would look like the ROCK running!
From memory she was AIS track and field and was training to qualify for the Olympics (back in 98-99). it was x22 25kg plates, all but 2 in the entire gym, her legs were solid but not much upper body. I can't remember what her form was like, as you'd know full movement vs partial is entirely different.

Plow King

Little bit.
Looking good niko.

I'm also in Melbourne. AKA buttfuck nowhere. AKA Pakenham.

So if you wanna train at Dohertys or something sometime let me know :)