Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Haha I'm useless on them, they're so much harder than you expect. I'm a fat arse though, doesn't help.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I've got TRX straps, which are great for the home - got some plates as well. Along with some dirt road/bike path riding, that will do me.

I have a trx, haven't used it for ages because we got a sweet deal for a gym membership, but that's now closed

Have a rack I got from Kmart that I can do pull ups and dips on, and an indoor trainer for the pushy.

All I gotta do is find some motivation, perhaps its behind these beers.

clockworked

Like an orange
I've been doing chippers i remember from army. Definitely not at the pace i used to do them though.
Here's today's one. Minimal equipment required (skipping rope, bench or chair to do dips). Chippers work by having paired exercises, or an exercise and a "rest" movement. Not many people can do 100 pushups in a row, so you do push ups until you can't. Then do squats until you can't. Then have a rest by skipping for a minute (or a 200m run). Then repeat until you've reached the target number. Then move on to the next exercise.

100 pushups/100 squats
50 burpees/50 leg raises
100 dips/100 mountain climbers
100 situps/100 good mornings

Rest is 1 min skip

Disclaimer: did not make 100 push ups or 50 burpees on the first try...

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I've been doing chippers i remember from army. Definitely not at the pace i used to do them though.
Here's today's one. Minimal equipment required (skipping rope, bench or chair to do dips). Chippers work by having paired exercises, or an exercise and a "rest" movement. Not many people can do 100 pushups in a row, so you do push ups until you can't. Then do squats until you can't. Then have a rest by skipping for a minute (or a 200m run). Then repeat until you've reached the target number. Then move on to the next exercise.

100 pushups/100 squats
50 burpees/50 leg raises
100 dips/100 mountain climbers
100 situps/100 good mornings

Rest is 1 min skip

Disclaimer: did not make 100 push ups or 50 burpees on the first try...
Yeah thats intense. After not doing them in a year or so, I had sets of 4 x 12 pushups in my shed workout plan last night... feeling that today.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
As an older getting c#%t, damaged from this years injuries, double damaged by the knee problem that arose for catching up on the household jobs, not done while injured. I'm in a fucked position.

Been looking at fitness classes, F45 here in SA or a crossfit equivalent but $150 a month :oops: now decided on a regular Gym and will get a personal trainer for a few classes, not looking to gain muscle... leg day will be every other class, looking core strength and to loose the 10kg I put on since Jan.

Ah yeah, got a knee op coming up, will need a break then too :(

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
As an older getting c#%t, damaged from this years injuries, double damaged by the knee problem that arose for catching up on the household jobs, not done while injured. I'm in a fucked position.

Been looking at fitness classes, F45 here in SA or a crossfit equivalent but $150 a month :oops: now decided on a regular Gym and will get a personal trainer for a few classes, not looking to gain muscle... leg day will be every other class, looking core strength and to loose the 10kg I put on since Jan.

Ah yeah, got a knee op coming up, will need a break then too :(
What about swimming?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My secret to weightloss is to waste your 20's doing pointless bullshit/partying then at the age of thirty panic and try get a real job and due to having no transferable skills wind up doing manual labour work for 2 years. I dropped 20 kilos in 5 months.
That's a 50/50 gamble though. It is far too easy to just load up on convenience and junk food after spending the day labour. What you need is to back it up with a 45km run every night.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I need to strengthen up (especially my back), and so I'm contemplating the 5x5 routine.

Anyone else doing this?
I used to - its a pretty good way to start, but my advice is to get started in a group or with a PT to get your form right.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
What about swimming?
I tried swimming about 5-6 yrs ago when I had a great idea I was going to do Triathlons.
Got a 10 swim pass to a local pool, also bought a tri wetsuit and did some sea swims... I gave up on the idea, didn't like swim or run :)

Not that I like the gym either but its handy and only loses a hour total + can do a 30min leg session at 5am on the way to work.

tobbogonist

a registered member
That's a 50/50 gamble though. It is far too easy to just load up on convenience and junk food after spending the day labour. What you need is to back it up with a 45km run every night.
Gotta have money first to go down the junkfood route, i was busy paying off depts and eating rice.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I used to - its a pretty good way to start, but my advice is to get started in a group or with a PT to get your form right.
I've done it before but not in conjunction with mountain biking. Just wondered if one will fatigue the other. I'm not looking for massive muscle gains, just extra strength to alleviate back pain and improve climbing, descending and general endurance on the bike.