Giant DH comp 04, First Day review

rockyash

Likes Dirt
Nice bike Turley, I am picking mine up from the shop this afternoon. It has been sitting in the shop for the last week and I am paying the last off it today and taking for a strap finally.
Mine is a small also, they couldnt send out any mediums till January some time, but I am glad I ended up getting the small after riding it in the carpark. Down the trails it might be another story, we'll see today I spose. Coming from a bmx background I am used to small bikes anyway.
I'm not real cluey about tweaking the spv adjustments on the front and rear, I will fully suss out the manual tonight. If you know any tricks about tweaking the shocks let us know.
cheers...

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well I am currently running the shermans with a bit less than 50psi and about 1 and a half turns of the volume. Seems to be just a plush but brake dive is minimised. Rear shock I pumped upto 150 but will pb let a bit of air out as it is a bit hard atm. Again about 1.5turns of volume. It actually realy trippy comming from a fox to a swinger. Running no Low or high speed compression and rebound setup to how you like it. actually realy trippy comming from a fox to a swinger. More air pressure affect only the threshhold which it aborbs bumps! Push it down via the seat and it feels the same as normal!

When you get teh shermans they will be a bit sticky but ride them a bit and they just get plusher and plusher hte more you ride!

MIKEY B

Likes Dirt
Very nice-Very nice, and good to see you put in some time to tell people what you think about your new rig-I am keen to buy one if i can sell my AC and this just put more emphasis to my decision.I have the swinger 4 way on my Ac and it is so adjustable its off the planet -set it up hard for dirt jumps/bmx track, lower the pressure for dh and do anything in between that you want.
Cheers, Mike.