giant glory 2008 freeride 'Expert" rear shock length technical question

hi guys
can anyone tell me what the rear shock length for is for the 2008 glory expert(black with rshox totems,gold 8 on the side)

there seems to be both 9.5" (240mm) and 8.75"(222mm) shocks used in the 2008 glory models.

cant seem to find any specific specs/techncal data for this bike.

any help much appreciated.

-RTL

driftking

Wheel size expert
Pretty sure that bike takes an 8.75" x 2.75" shock.
I know my 2007 glory 8 0 (the same model but year before) was a 2.75 stroke (spring will say 2.8 if fox). 8 inches of travel as well.

Id expect the glory dh to be 9.5 maybe as they had 8.8inches of travel back then so a 8.75 spring would bind and wouldn't be long enough.
If you own the bike just get a tape measure out and measure it.

Giant achieves is good place to start

This one?
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-au/bikes/model/glory.expert/1330/29462/
unfortunately they don't have any information on it in terms of shock sizing anymore.

Last edited:

Isildur

The Real Pedant
hi guys
can anyone tell me what the rear shock length for is for the 2008 glory expert(black with rshox totems,gold 8 on the side)

there seems to be both 9.5" (240mm) and 8.75"(222mm) shocks used in the 2008 glory models.

cant seem to find any specific specs/techncal data for this bike.

any help much appreciated.

-RTL
Pretty sure that bike takes an 8.75" x 2.75" shock.
Boom King has it right. 8.75 x 2.75 (222x69).

I had one for a few years, great bike, if a bit heavy. Was fun for the Sydney Northern Beaches Freeride stuff (Oxy, Moo, etc), but I started to lean more toward DH so ended up with a Phoenix after that bike.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
The DH1 had a 9.5 x 3 but the FR which I'm pretty sure is the bike in question, takes the shorter shock.

thanks heaps for the info guys.
much appreciated .

it does indeed look like its 8.75".

great bike it is! built like a tank and a little heavy but very stable at speed. im also pretty confident its not going to break in a hurry.

cheers
-RTL