Giant NRS 2 shock settings

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
Urgent need help for the weekend....
I have had to borrow a mates NRS for this weekends MWMTB club race and I need to now what the shock settings should be for me.
The shock is the RockShoc SID XC fitted to an 03 NRS 2 what pressure should the shock be set to for a 85kg rider?? for both chambers
My mate has lost his manual so I can't reference that.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Binaural

Eats Squid
RockShox publish their manuals online somewhere I believe, have a look on Google and the RockShox website and see what you can turn up :)

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
i think the SRAM site has all the old manuals with set up info on there for previous models. at least it used to be....

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
Not for this age shock but thanks for the advice really need an owner of an NRS to look in the giant handbook, my handbook for my 2004 NRS has the correct settings but for a Fox AVA float shock so as much use as tits on a...

trav

Likes Dirt
Shock settings for the NRS are simple set the bottom chamber (-) to 50 psi this is allways the pressure regardless of your weight,then set the top chamber (+) at a pressure so it is just on the verge of sagging start at 170 psi for your weight then add or take air out till you achieve that effect. Rock shocks manual wont help because NRS's don't run any sag in the rear end to operate properly you need the Giant manual .