Giant OD2 fork?

moorey

call me Mia
I'm going to be stripping my anthem 29er in the next week or two. has the last of the dual air sid rct3 at 110mm.
was going to sell frame and fork together. but can split it if he's interested.
Pm me ball park and I'll pass it on. Cheers.
edit. Thought all the od2 stuff was fox. Theses SIDS are od2?

Shadow Puppet

Likes Dirt
just checked my 2014 trance advance 0 definitely od2. shit got excited there for minute thought I might have standard steerer.
would have made it easier to sell my revs and update to pikes. nobody wants to buy second hand od2.
I'll buy a second hand OD2 fork!

130-140mm travel, 26" and 200mm+ steerer.

As yours is a 2014, it'll be 27.5" and have a short steerer.

minhbo

Likes Bikes
Damn, looks like I did have an OD2 fork.

My pike arrived and it is slightly smaller in diameter.

Looks like I'm gonna have to get some new parts to make it fit :(

mitchy_

Llama calmer
measured both without the stem on?

the pike wont be smaller than 1 1/8" at the top, so something odd is going on with the original fork/your tape measure.

minhbo

Likes Bikes
Yeah, the photo was a bit deceptive. Because the fork was a few mm below the rim of the stem, I could not get close to enough to measure accurately and from the my point of view and the view of the camera, it looked like 1 1/8th.

agentninety3

Likes Dirt
Thought all the od2 stuff was fox. Theses SIDS are od2?
That's what I thought as well, although the 2014 Trance Advanced 0 has an OD2 Revelation.

The 2013 29er models have OD2 Revelations at the top spec and standard taper Recons at the bottom. Meanwhile the 2013 Reign 2 has a standard taper Recon.

Really, all this means is Giant are tricky bastards and I should have bought a Trance X3 back in the day and dealt with the 125mm Float rather than the 140/125mm OD2 TALAS that came on the X0. Still haven't got around to spending the coin on a new fork/stem or just grabbing a chunked OD2 stem.

They have ditched OD2 for mountain bikes but must have a fair few stems left over. They come with a shim to bring It down to standard 1 1/8

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Classic this feeds straight into the thread in The General section about pointless new standards name + shame .