Giant XTC Advanced SL XX1

ChopSticks

Banned
Yes. Single bolt on the underside of the top tube which pushes a wedge against the post. Very smart, virtually impossible to crack the frame or post in this area.
ahh yes ! I just see a tiny bit of black there (where your wooden door is)

very very nice of Giant.... internal cabling, integrate seat clamp, Direct mount.... screw all the boutique bikes... Giants are just as good if not better !!!!

pistonbroke

Eats Squid

very very nice of Giant.... internal cabling, integrate seat clamp, Direct mount.... screw all the boutique bikes... Giants are just as good if not better !!!!
All at Hyundai prices with a lifetime warranty on the frame.

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Yes its a very tidy package, and I can definately say it is quiet a stiff yet comfy frame to ride.

The bike itself, which runs a tapered headtube & pressfit is more then stiff enough to hold up to my 85kg broad build without any flex under my 1800watt output during a sprint! Despite this, the 27.2mm post is so flexy and supple I can comfortable sit down and pedal on the rockies of trails.

I honestly doubt there is a frame on the market that would better this...

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I honestly doubt there is a frame on the market that would better this...
A++

Just bought a Trance Advanced SL0.. incredible bike, so fast, such good value, so well made, the best MTB I've ridden. People turn their noses up too quickly..

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes. Single bolt on the underside of the top tube which pushes a wedge against the post. Very smart, virtually impossible to crack the frame or post in this area.
Tidy rig! Love the custom parts, Ive ridden one and can vouch for what you say! Extremly stiff. Pretty sure the posts were recalled, id look into it.

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Josh,
what did you need to convert to the xx1? enough gears for climbing hills?
I run the full xx1 groupset. I have done some mix/match groupsets for customers and I can honestly tell you they work shit in comparison. Until you ride xx1 you won't be able to fully appreciate it!

I'm a pretty fit and strong rider and I find it's just enough gears, I certainly wish I had more some times. This is coming from a young 20 year old with legs wider then your waist too hahha!

Putting a 32t ring on the front would be ideal but I prefer to keep my top end gears!

I run the full xx1 groupset. I have done some mix/match groupsets for customers and I can honestly tell you they work shit in comparison. Until you ride xx1 you won't be able to fully appreciate it!

I'm a pretty fit and strong rider and I find it's just enough gears, I certainly wish I had more some times. This is coming from a young 20 year old with legs wider then your waist too hahha!

Putting a 32t ring on the front would be ideal but I prefer to keep my top end gears!
So what's the kill? :p
how much needed to spend on the conversion?

Fifteen.Hundred

Likes Dirt
So what's the kill? :p
how much needed to spend on the conversion?
Cost is whatever you can get an XX1 grouplset for (anywhere from $1000-$1500) + the XD driver needed for the hub conversion ($50-$60)

My understanding is that the wheels that ship with the XTC advanced SL1 are compatible with the SRAM XD driver.

If you ride a large and Josh hasn't sold this bike i'd say get on it... extremely good deal me thinks.

Cost is whatever you can get an XX1 grouplset for (anywhere from $1000-$1500) + the XD driver needed for the hub conversion ($50-$60)

My understanding is that the wheels that ship with the XTC advanced SL1 are compatible with the SRAM XD driver.

If you ride a large and Josh hasn't sold this bike i'd say get on it... extremely good deal me thinks.
Thanks mate. I think he sold it already according to other post but regardless i'm a smaller frame.