Glasses....

schmook

Likes Dirt
I wear both glasses and contact lenses.

When I ride wearing my glasses I dont feel so confident. The bobble up and down on my nose. and it must look pretty funny too, sort of like Daria wearing a troy lee designs helmet.
contacts are good. i like being able to see out the corner of my eyes. I use bausch and lomb 30 day wear but I dont leave them in continuously, only wear them over night if i go out over night. I find using aosept system the best for cleaning my contacts, i dont nearly as many problems with deposits on my lenses now.
but when your got a flu take out your contacts. the pain is not worth it.

the price of contacts and glasses are criminal. my specs cost nearly $400 and my contacts cost me $120 every three months!

are you short sighted or long sighted? me? short sighted.

id love to get lasik or something like that, but its not covered by medicare.

Adi

It's my birthday!
Yea, I'm very short sighted, l can't see properly past a metre :shock: I don't mind glasses tho, nothing wrong with that... apparently there is some new Ultrasound method to fix up eyes... but I have not heard much about it.... :?

peep

Likes Bikes
About lazer treatments for eyes...apparently some people get real bad night blindness afterwards which would pretty much suck and not be useful at all!

Plus they still arent sure if there are any long term effects. Like in five years your eyes might fall out or something. I think i might wait a while...

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
nhd said:
how much do those smith sliders retail for ?
All the Slider series retail for around the same price (well the Pivot, Toaster and Mainline do anyway..not too sure about the newer models) of around $200-$215 depending where you get them from. You could probably find them for as low as $170-$180 if youre lucky.

Anarki

Likes Bikes
I used to wear my Oakley A-frames on rides, then I impulsively bought some Planet-X amber tint glasses, I wear them for the first lap or so, then they get sweaty and I can't see a damn thing through them. Wiping them on my shirt doesnt help because it's sweaty too. Sigh.

wombat

Lives in a hole
I go through glasses so fast there's no way I could ever spend big dollars on a pair, and I'll never wear Oakleys (it's a marketing/image thing, I know they're great glasses). The Smith's would be really nice though.
At the moment I've got a pair of Euro's I wear everywhere. They're great, fit well (which is the most important thing for me) no distortion and they were cheap. They're wire frame jobs though so they're not real riding glasses. I had another pair of great polarised Euro's which were brillant for riding, until I managed to snap the frame taking them off after a round of golf (yes my head is big, the boys at Bell list me as "bucket head" :oops: ). I think there was a crack in the frame or something though. I'm gonna see if I can get another set though coz those glasses were great. They're called "ocean", weird looking frame finish (bit garish) but I didn't have to look at that side so I don't care.

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
Heheh wombat...I realised the whole marketing/image thing shortly after getting my Oakleys.....promptly replaced them with Smith :D
I HATE those people who wear their Oakleys on their head, and not actually on their face...its like a fashion accessory, damn p0sers..lol

wombat

Lives in a hole
SpectRe said:
Heheh wombat...I realised the whole marketing/image thing shortly after getting my Oakleys.....promptly replaced them with Smith :D
I HATE those people who wear their Oakleys on their head, and not actually on their face...its like a fashion accessory, damn p0sers..lol
Good move. I wear my Euro's on my head though, now that's a statement: pov and proud of it!!! I used to just stick them in my pocket until I sat on a pair...

As for Oakley, go to their site and check out their "Medusa" hat thing, then hold on to something and check the price...

schmook

Likes Dirt
did u ppl notice during the saturation gulf war coverage on tv that the australian sas wear oakley goggles?