Advocacy Alert Glenrock Trail Alliance - Build Days and News

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
The GTA is looking for feedback on a few issues before our rider meeting on September 4 (6pm ad Adamstown Club) and has put together a short survey on survey monkey.

the questions are very broad, but should give some valuable feedback and data that will (we hope) help improve the GTA and also help guide the upcoming meeting.

The survey should only take a few minutes to complete and is completely anonymous. Please pass the survey around to people you know who ride glenrock.

To do the survey, go to http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VMMFKT9

freeridersharpy88

Cannon Fodder
I know you guys enjoy keeping it natural, but if your ever after some gal star stakes for berms/jump etc let me know, i have a heap of off cuts at work and i hate seeing them go to waste.

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know you guys enjoy keeping it natural, but if your ever after some gal star stakes for berms/jump etc let me know, i have a heap of off cuts at work and i hate seeing them go to waste.
Reckon you could donate a few this way to help rebuild a berm?

sammydog

Its been a while since we have updated any of the Glenrock trail works.

For this who don't know, we have incorporated the GTA as a club band are currently awaiting for the MTBA affiliation to be processed. Once this happens you will be able to become a member of the GTA. We will also be filling the bulk of the committee positions in the near future, keep an eye on our website or Facebook page for ore details.

Onto the trail works. This weekend gone we worked on removing the BIG rut at the start of Kenny's. Essentially the ruts were due to a tree fall during the Pasha storm in 2007. The tree was supposed to be cut but never was so the trail diverted up and around it and the rut formed.

So the 'Before'.

As you all know - big ruts and erosion that wasn't getting any better;

Then the 'After'

First a diversion around the bog caused by Hunter Water discharge;

This called for some serious drainage;

Then a re-route to join the old trail after the damaged area.

Ended up looking like this;

We still need to get in and finish the rehab of the original line, but the new trail rides well and has been getting good feedback.

sammydog

The 2014 GTA Rider Survey is here.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LH69KCB

The Survey is in two parts,

Part 1 asks a few questions about what you want from the club.
Part 2 asks the questions from last years survey to provide data about how the GTA is performing.

The survey will run until November 1.

If you could take a few minutes to take the survey it would be greatly appreciated.

Please also spread it amongst your friends and get the word out.

lachlanjw

Likes Dirt
Hey guys! Just moved back from QLD and keen to help out when needed. Haven't been back on the trails to check it out since I left due to a snapped AC in my shoulder (bloody Queenstown hahahahaha)... :/ But I'm on the improve and will be back on the bike soon.

sammydog

The build day on the 14th will be on the Six Shooter trail working on the DJ's.

We will meet there at 9.30, or just look for us on the trail if you turn up later.

We hope to have a lot of the material moving and machine work done by the NPWS guys during the week and then we will be doing the hand finishing and shaping.

If you or any of your friend ride the jumps please come along.

Wear shoes and gloves, wear your yellow GTA shirt if you have one or we'll provide one on the day.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
can you provide a bit of an explanation about what is going to be done please? I use these jumps a lot and could possibly be convinced to turn up...but I'm not interested in just recreating the same line and shapes that already exist...May also be able to convince a few extra hands.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
might come out for a scratch around, have no idea where they are, but im sure if I follow the noise , I may find it..
is it down the gun club road near the quarry?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
might come out for a scratch around, have no idea where they are, but im sure if I follow the noise , I may find it..
is it down the gun club road near the quarry?
Easy to find...just look for the really shit dirt jumps built where the really sick dirt jumps used to be.

Or ride straight along the gun club road for a few hundred meters. After you go under the power lines they are on your left.

sammydog

As this build day was planned to create a few A/B/C lines elsewhere, as well and moving on to the next part of Kenny's, but had to be changed at the last minute due to an Adventure Race in the Park, it will be confined to general maintenance of the existing jumps and bringing in materials for future works.

Now we have an AM Coordinator in the club, there is planning for improving the trail along with the whole quarry area and then also getting some new descending trails. He has also been looking at adding in new lines to existing trails where possible. Unfortunately new lines, etc won't be a part of this build day, it will just be reshaping and maintenance.

New lines are being planned though.