Glory DH 1 rear suspension bottom out

dizza

Likes Bikes
I have a Glory DH 1. It's an awsome bike but when my rear suspenssion bottomed out, my tyre hits my seat. My seat used to be the lowest it can go and the seat pole held it right in the middle. I have now moved my seat up to avoid this but I was just wondering if anyone else had encountered the same problem.

It's not that my suspenssion is too soft, this only happened over this long drop onto flat and thats the only time that it has ever done it.

ty:)

Tallman

Likes Dirt
Maybe you could move your seat forward a little on its rails? providing you have rails that is.

andrew_o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a Glory DH 1. It's an awsome bike but when my rear suspenssion bottomed out, my tyre hits my seat. My seat used to be the lowest it can go and the seat pole held it right in the middle. I have now moved my seat up to avoid this but I was just wondering if anyone else had encountered the same problem.

It's not that my suspenssion is too soft, this only happened over this long drop onto flat and thats the only time that it has ever done it.

ty:)
Everyone has, Just lift the seat up for hucks/races maybe.

DIRT ROCKS N TREES

Likes Bikes
i have the same bike but a large i dont have the seat problem but GIANT have the same spring poundage on all the the three sizes intelligence not so there saying no matter how tall you are you still weigh under 75 kg and im sure they advertised these bikes as a ready to race machine im not sure what weight the spring suits but they aint for 100 kg plus thus having to buy a new spring to suit thanks giant

Dragonwoody

Likes Dirt
Yeah, I have (had) the same issue. My problem was the air in the shock, I think mine was down to 50 psi (oops) and it is now 120 psi and a lot firmer and pedals better as well. It has resolved the issue for me. My other options were going to be lifting the seat a bit so the gap between back wheel and seat was 8+ inches or moving/tilting the seat forward a bit.

kill_switch

Dead-set Idiot
mate i had exact same proble on the exact same bike. i never use to hapeen then i tilted my seat back (coz i thought it would look kooler) and then when i came near to bottoming i would hit it on my seat. once i figured what that dam noise was i just tilted my seat back fowards and hey presto noise gone. pitty your seat now has a nice big rip in the back;)

Cheers
Brent

skull

Likes Dirt
yer if you have the seat at the same leavle as your crowns it dosnt hit the tire and its easy as to do a wheely in your seat as well!! as long as your kind of tall and dont get crunched every time you hit a rock

dizza

Likes Bikes
mate i had exact same proble on the exact same bike. i never use to hapeen then i tilted my seat back (coz i thought it would look kooler) and then when i came near to bottoming i would hit it on my seat. once i figured what that dam noise was i just tilted my seat back fowards and hey presto noise gone. pitty your seat now has a nice big rip in the back;)

Cheers
Brent
haha yer i couldn't figure out where the hell the noise was coming from. it sounded as though my tire was hitting my frame. it was only after my seat got a little rip in it did i realise that the back of my seat had a whole heep of scratches and then it clicked that it was my tire hitting my seat!

and then i was sad:(

willipa

Likes Dirt
Ha, i had the same problem.
solution:
Take your shock off your bike, remove spring, re-attack shock.
now you can have your bike at its maximum travel (bottom out) and set the seat height at the same time.
That's what i did anyway. Low as possible as the DH1 seats are so uncomfy.

Emmett

Likes Dirt
Ha, i had the same problem.
solution:
Take your shock off your bike, remove spring, re-attack shock.
now you can have your bike at its maximum travel (bottom out) and set the seat height at the same time.
That's what i did anyway. Low as possible as the DH1 seats are so uncomfy.
Spot on simple solution Willipa

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i have the same bike but a large i dont have the seat problem but GIANT have the same spring poundage on all the the three sizes intelligence not so there saying no matter how tall you are you still weigh under 75 kg and im sure they advertised these bikes as a ready to race machine im not sure what weight the spring suits but they aint for 100 kg plus thus having to buy a new spring to suit thanks giant
My large has a 500 pound spring. There isn't a 500 pound in a small.

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
my 07 norco aline did the exact same thing. you could always get the angle grinder out and cut a little notch in it...

chimpy

Likes Dirt
my glory

Yeah my glory hit as well. i moved it forward on the on its plastic rail thing and tilted it forward and it felt so uncomfortable so i put it up a little higher and tilted it back again, it hasnt hit yet but i havnt bottomed out yet so i am yet to see.