Gloves you're lovin

tex72

Likes Dirt
I am finding POC 'Index Air' gloves quite comfy and holding up well after plenty of abuse, they don't have any knuckle protection but the 'Index Flow' offer some protection without looking full moto.

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
Deft Family are by far the most comfortable.
O'Neil lasted allot longer than expected.
Fox's quality has gone down a bit over the last few years.

I much prefer gloveless but unfortunately my skin is still weaker than gravel

Big AC

Likes Dirt
Endura Fully Monty and MT500: Comfortable and both survived a year of abuse relatively unscathed. The plastic crap on the back of the MT500 is useless for protection and just gets in the way of snot wiping.

Ergon HE2: Nice gloves, falling apart after 3 or so months.

Some TLD Air gloves have just arrived at home and I’ll be using them this weekend.

hoppy2

Likes Bikes
Fox digits and dirtpaws. Nice to ride with but tend to come apart quicker than they should. I keep buying them because they are comfortable.

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
Been rocking these for two years and they are still going strong.... Best $60 ever.

http://www.planet-knox.com/en/product/oren-mtb-gloves/

I got them after I went OTB in a rock garden and all the tendons and muscles in my forearm were stretched and I couldn't lift anything at work for nearly a week.

Fantastic gloves. I even use them for XC as the scaphoid guards don't get in the way when gripping the bars but you can move your hands and lean on the pads on longer pedaling rides.... makes for more hand positions.

crim 87

Likes Dirt
can't go past fist handwear gloves super light and super comfortable and last for ever whether it's moto or mtb best gloves hands down

I usually go through a pair of gloves and grips every 7 months but by the 5th month something is falling off or tearing on them. Ive used fox dirtpaws, bombers, pawtecters, some oneal/monster ones and ufo ones but i find the double clarino palm ones wear the best. The oneal ones i had a fall with and fell on an imbedded rock at manly dam and gloves were fine but hand recieved 5 stitches after being sliced open

omac

Likes Dirt
Iv had surgery on both of my hands for carpel tunnel & Iv got a VERY big collection of gloves....Pearl izumi & Troy Lee get my vote for both comfort & build quality

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I have C Tunnel in my right hand, not bad, just goes numb.

Did you find that any particular gloves relieved the symptoms?

omac

Likes Dirt
I run ODI rogue grips (before CT I used the smaller ruffian grip) & for me there are some small benefits from gel gloves, the gel helps to hold off the CT but Id still get numb hands around the 10klm (instead of 5klm).

My favorite is the old Perl izumi gel glove
Pearl izumi gel gloves.jpg

Iv also got the new PI gloves but I find that the gel is to thick on the palm
Pearl izumi gel gloves 2.jpg
The Fox Reflex is also a comfortable glove but they barely last 1 year
I should mention that all gel gloves are uncomfortable until they break in (that might be why I don't like the new PI gloves???) & before CT I always used TLD xc gloves

I tried almost everything before surgery & for me the only thing that helped was a good chiropractor, but it didn't stop the problem, it just helped, surgery gave me 99% use of my hands & thats more than enough to ride my bike :biggrin1:

brindog

Likes Dirt
The Best gloves I've owned where some Unit ones back in 2008. They don't sell them anymore, but they where super comfortable and really durable. Never ripped the palms or got holes in the fingers. The velcro is what final gave up after 2 years of solid use.
Second would be Troy Lee Air gloves, never wore them out just felt like new gloves. They where really breathable, and comfy.
Currently running IXS gloves and after 6 weeks the stitching near the thumb is starting fall apart. good gloves but a bit upset that they didn't even last a few months. :(
Once I cheeped out and bought some $15 rock-garden gloves of CRC and what a piece of shit they where, only 3 rides and my finger was through the top. haha! Lesson learnt.
Just ordered some Fox Dirt Paw so keen to see how they go.

tex72

Likes Dirt
Iv also got the new PI gloves but I find that the gel is to thick on the palm
View attachment 306393
The Fox Reflex is also a comfortable glove but they barely last 1 year
I should mention that all gel gloves are uncomfortable until they break......
Keep wearing them, mine broke after only half a dozen rides:thumb:
pigloves.jpg