Gloves you're lovin

dropotaro

Likes Dirt
I've been running the Troy lee xc black and the fox dirt paws, coming from a Moto background I though the dirt paws were awesome but the more I wear the Troy lees the more I love them. Have had them around for about 2 years with minimal wear. Can't fault them.

USJ

Likes Dirt
Nice gloves are great, for about 3 rides. After destroying or losing way too many gloves, my favorite gloves are now any pair that I can find in 2xl that is on sale for less than $20. Any time I order any gear online and I'm getting free shipping (or need to spend a few more bucks to get free shipping), I search for the cheapest gloves they have on sale. Any brand, any color, whatever. 2xl and <$20? Done.

single-track-mind

Likes Dirt
So sick of overpriced MTB gloves and their lack of durability.
I will NEVER buy a pair of FOX gloves again I have had every pair fail within
a couple of months of use.
What I have found is the fancier the palm design gets with extra panels they have the more prone they are to failure at those points.
What I look for now is a single palm piece , what I use now are $10 mechanic gloves
from Autobahn ,this last set is nearly two years old with constant use riding and working on my motorcycle.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I had a beaut pair of sixsixone descend gloves that I used for nearly 2 years before the thumb wore a small hole from the front shift lever. Shouldn't be a problem now I've gone 1x10 except for the dropper post lever.
Pretty comfy design without being too chunky on the fingers.

But I replaced them with these lightweight POC gloves. Single piece Palm and fingers plenty of grip. Been riding with them for about 8 months now so far so good.

I've also got a pair of old trek team comp gloves with the Kevlar patches in the palm. They ran a bit too hot and I'm a brand whore so couldn't run an opposing brand to my bike, but they still look like they could go another year of use. I use them as work gloves and loaners.

Last edited: