Go Sam Hill what a pinner

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the general consensus with Wyn & Eddie is they have a good time but have phenomenal work rates. Very happy to do the hard yards in training.
Rude's head isn't in the game

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yeah they train like demons, but eddie has a habit of crashing. He can’t make it past the first couple of turns at fort bill but manages two days stage racing? Legend hahaha

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He still crashed his way off a podium ;)

I have a young son called Sam, even though it wasn't true, I'm happy to know I can claim he's named after the LEGEND

moorey

call me Mia
Stage 5 scared me. Misread results that he was 2 minutes down in 61st place, not 2 seconds. What sort of bullshit stage was that with a winning time of 27 seconds? :rolleyes:

Regards, the mancrush grows for Sam.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Stage 5 scared me. Misread results that he was 2 minutes down in 61st place, not 2 seconds. What sort of bullshit stage was that with a winning time of 27 seconds? :rolleyes:

Regards, the mancrush grows for Sam.
They turned one stage into a 30s sprint because of track conditions or weather or something stupid like that.

moorey

call me Mia
For sure. I guess that when your game is slightly off, you push a bit hard, and it can go West. Hopefully see him back to form.

slowmick

38-39"
Was looking for something else when i found this...

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/mtb/?id=2003/feb03/oceania03

2003 Oceania MTB Championships - C
Australia, February 22, 2003

In the Men's, Sam Hill was the man to watch as he set the fastest time of 3.02.25 in qualifying, again proving that his rainbow jersey was no fluke, nor was his win in the monster huck-fest that is the Redbull ride. However, with the likes of Rennie and Kovaric not in attendance it would prove a slightly easier task than normal.

With the powdery track now becoming loose and rutted, times were unlikely to get any better. In the final Shane Wode, got comfortable in the hot seat by posting 3.04.92, which was still two and a half seconds outside Hill's earlier time.

The crowd now anticipating Hill's final run and they weren't disappointed as he improved on his qualifying run by over five seconds, showing that he is better on the flat bits, better on the burly bits, just better all round.

Hill obviously lets his riding do the talking and his only comment was that he just pedalled a bit harder on the flats to make up the five seconds.

moorey

call me Mia
Was looking for something else when i found this...

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/mtb/?id=2003/feb03/oceania03

2003 Oceania MTB Championships - C
Australia, February 22, 2003

In the Men's, Sam Hill was the man to watch as he set the fastest time of 3.02.25 in qualifying, again proving that his rainbow jersey was no fluke, nor was his win in the monster huck-fest that is the Redbull ride. However, with the likes of Rennie and Kovaric not in attendance it would prove a slightly easier task than normal.

With the powdery track now becoming loose and rutted, times were unlikely to get any better. In the final Shane Wode, got comfortable in the hot seat by posting 3.04.92, which was still two and a half seconds outside Hill's earlier time.

The crowd now anticipating Hill's final run and they weren't disappointed as he improved on his qualifying run by over five seconds, showing that he is better on the flat bits, better on the burly bits, just better all round.

Hill obviously lets his riding do the talking and his only comment was that he just pedalled a bit harder on the flats to make up the five seconds.
Was there. Was epic. I missed a podium :(
78446E1C-F84C-42B7-A817-6ABC10EAB28C.jpeg