Going grey... 2019 Transition Sentinel

moorey

call me Mia
If a 29 was to pop up around that magical $1000 mark ?
Passed up a couple of alloy Sentinal frames for that. Thought about trying a Felix mullet.
29, carbon, boost....3 bridges too far for me.
Seriously though, had 4 transitions over the years, still got one, and love what they do. A patrol is a hell of a bike, but 140/150mm is going to get 10x more use for me. Scout would be a quiver killer. My mate has the new sentinel in the same colour as @beeb. He’s just come off a v4 nomad, and doesn’t miss the extra travel at all. It’s a stunning looking bike.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I’d sell my soul again for a scout, if they made it in 150.
I have taken my scout into some reasonable chunder and steep trails without wanting more rear travel. Im sure you'll be pleasantly surprised about not needing that extra 25mm. A couple of times I've wanted a different geometry or stiffer feel in the frame, but that was some rough stuff. If is have had the nomad it would have been boring on the rest of the trail. Stop fighting it.

moorey

call me Mia
I have taken my scout into some reasonable chunder and steep trails without wanting more rear travel. Im sure you'll be pleasantly surprised about not needing that extra 25mm. A couple of times I've wanted a different geometry or stiffer feel in the frame, but that was some rough stuff. If is have had the nomad it would have been boring on the rest of the trail. Stop fighting it.
No. I have 3 bikes with 140mm. I’m going to eventually have to replace the 155 suppressor/patrol as the main race bike. Have other 160 and + bikes, but not ones I want to race.

Dropped a hint to the wife after she had been asking what I wanted for my birthday. A new garden hose was one of her suggestions.
I made a counter offer, but it’s not going so well I suspect.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No. I have 3 bikes with 140mm. I’m going to eventually have to replace the 155 suppressor/patrol as the main race bike. Have other 160 and + bikes, but not ones I want to race.

Dropped a hint to the wife after she had been asking what I wanted for my birthday. A new garden hose was one of her suggestions.
I made a counter offer, but it’s not going so well I suspect.
View attachment 374844View attachment 374845
Ahhhhh you want to race it...enduro I assume? I wouldn't be too keen to race enduro on it. Im sure I can be done bur it feels like more of a party bike than a serious bike.

moorey

call me Mia
That's nice darling. Did you remember to pick up the kids?
I suspect that’s more communication than I’ll be getting for the imm
Ahhhhh you want to race it...enduro I assume? I wouldn't be too keen to race enduro on it. Im sure I can be done bur it feels like more of a party bike than a serious bike.
Yes, enduro.....and occasionally DH now I’ve sold the Wilson.
I’ve raced both Spitty and Five numerous time, but extra travel makes up for skill on some tracks.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Yes, enduro.....and occasionally DH now I’ve sold the Wilson.
I’ve raced both Spitty and Five numerous time, but extra travel makes up for skill on some tracks.
If you convince him you will really really enjoy it, maybe he'll be really really negotiable.

moorey

call me Mia
If you convince him you will really really enjoy it, maybe he'll be really really negotiable.

$5500 for a now 6 model old carbon bike? Cuss me, this is satire, surely?
Suppressor is same model, but in alloy which I prefer, in spec I prefer....
Wouldn’t pay $3k for that, TBH.
Cheers though. :p