Going grey... 2019 Transition Sentinel

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
He’s definitely chancing his arm. Good on him if he gets it though.
Haha hence the “really really negotiable”. Price is silly.

Is your Suppressor SP or Horst Link? Can’t remember when they changed.

moorey

call me Mia
Haha hence the “really really negotiable”. Price is silly.

Is your Suppressor SP or Horst Link? Can’t remember when they changed.
First of the Giddy Up. Basically unchanged up until now aside from geo, but I put 1.5 Angleset. I adore how it rides...but it’s a bees dick too small, and won’t live for ever. Chainstay was a common weak link on this generation. Rodney tracked me down one when I cracked mine, but don’t think I’d do it again when this one goes. I’d love to retire it to Quinn before I break it.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Dropped a hint to the wife after she had been asking what I wanted for my birthday. A new garden hose was one of her suggestions.
I made a counter offer, but it’s not going so well I suspect.
Just pony the fuck up. I know you can afford it. Wife will get over it. Small investment now will mitigate expensive immediate upgrades.
Spoiler...it won’t, but it’s things we tell our wives.
Also push the need for safely on a better spec’d bike.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Love to hear how this goes. On a related note - what volume spacer are you currently running and how does it feel? I found a pretty big difference changing just a size or two up. Ramps up nicely now
Weird as it's going to sound, I haven't actually checked what spacer is in it. I'm not having issues with bottoming it out, just finding it a bit too willing to fall into the travel in the sag to mid-stroke range. If the sag is bang-on, it's rides like a magic carpet over chatter (which is awesome), but it squats a bit more than I'd like in G-out compressions. I can bring the shock pressure up, but then it rides a bit "high" (feeling) and gets a bit chattery over bumps. So the aim with the Cascade link is to keep the feel around sag, gain a little mid-stroke support, and be able to slightly "tune" the dynamic ride-height with spring rate a bit more.

Honestly though, the plan in my brain when I bought the frame was to put a coil-shock on in time, so the cascade link will probably play better with that too. I'll let you know what does/doesn't work for me once it's on and I've got a few rides on it.

Last edited:

beeb

Weird as it's going to sound, I haven't actually checked what spacer is in it. I'm not having issues with bottoming it out, just finding it a bit too willing to fall into the travel in the sag to mid-stroke range. If the sag is bang-on, it's rides like a magic carpet over chatter (which is awesome), but it squats a bit more than I'd like in G-out compressions. I can bring the shock pressure up, but then it rides a bit "high" (feeling) and gets a bit chattery over bumps. So the aim with the Cascade link is to keep the feel around sag, gain a little mid-stroke support, be able to slightly "tune" the dynamic ride-height with spring rate a bit more.

Honestly though, the plan in my brain when I bought the frame was to put a coil-shock on in time, so the cascade link will probably play better with that too. I'll let you know what does/doesn't work for me once it's on and I've got a few rides on it.
All that being said, the stock bike is sick. It's so much smoother through rocks than anything I've ridden before, it's such an infectious feeling. I'm just chasing a slightly different feel from the back-end, largely to match the coil fork up front that has heaps of mid-stroke support.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
All that being said, the stock bike is sick. It's so much smoother through rocks than anything I've ridden before, it's such an infectious feeling. I'm just chasing a slightly different feel from the back-end, largely to match the coil fork up front that has heaps of mid-stroke support.
Yeah, i‘ve found the rear is very willing to get moving which is great through chatter but if I only had a smaller spacer in the shock it would blow through pretty quick. I think I’ve ended up with the either the middle sized spacer or second from biggest in there (cant remember off the top of my head) and that delivers enough progression for me so that it keeps the early suppleness and a more supportive mid-stroke. I’m not too heavy - only 72kg - so that might help too.

I think if you go coil you will definitely need the cascade link

beeb

Yeah, i‘ve found the rear is very willing to get moving which is great through chatter but if I only had a smaller spacer in the shock it would blow through pretty quick. I think I’ve ended up with the either the middle sized spacer or second from biggest in there (cant remember off the top of my head) and that delivers enough progression for me so that it keeps the early suppleness and a more supportive mid-stroke. I’m not too heavy - only 72kg - so that might help too.

I think if you go coil you will definitely need the cascade link
I'm about 93kg kitted up at a guess. I have played with volume spacers on other bikes and generally find by the time I get enough mid-stroke from them, it prevents accessing the deep travel more than I'd like on sharper hits (I'm reluctant to say "bigger hits" with how meek my riding style is... :oops:).

Basically I've always wanted to have a bike that runs coil front and rear and my mind is now just doing what it needs to make it happen... I'm an enabler (of myself).

beeb

Nailed the shock pressure tonight and got a really good ride in. I am totally loving this bike, it's an absolute weapon. Climbs well for what it is, but (somewhat obviously) the descents are definitely the main highlight for me. The suspension just feels so fluid and makes me really comfortable to be confident and stay off the brakes a lot more.

Still looking forward to try the Cascade link that's incoming, but like anything there'll be pros and cons. I suspect it could be a slight improvementfor all-around riding for my, ahem, "riding style". Not sure I can top the happiness I have with the suspension on this thing already though to be honest - but it doesn't hurt to try right? :)

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Nailed the shock pressure tonight and got a really good ride in. I am totally loving this bike, it's an absolute weapon. Climbs well for what it is, but (somewhat obviously) the descents are definitely the main highlight for me. The suspension just feels so fluid and makes me really comfortable to be confident and stay off the brakes a lot more.

Still looking forward to try the Cascade link that's incoming, but like anything there'll be pros and cons. I suspect it could be a slight improvementfor all-around riding for my, ahem, "riding style". Not sure I can top the happiness I have with the suspension on this thing already though to be honest - but it doesn't hurt to try right? :)
Nice work. Of course, if the cascade link doesn’t improve things even further then I might know someone that could buy it off you and ease the financial strain...;)