gold coast downhill tracks

joshrides

Likes Dirt
yea i dont know all i know around here is mt cootha or gap creek but i would really like to know some gold coast ones ill try to look for some for you

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Go to Illanbah... They have some good tracks, me and my friend occasionally go, like every 3/4 weeks
I wouldn't recommened it unless were there to show you it to you but if you go up and over the hill to the right, down the gully then up again there's some sweet northshore.

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Go to Illanbah... They have some good tracks, me and my friend occasionally go, like every 3/4 weeks
I wouldn't recommened it unless were there to show you it to you but if you go up and over the hill to the right, down the gully then up again there's some sweet northshore.
shouldnt be at illinbah out of race's unless your doing track maintinance.
theres locks on the front gate and on the shuttle road anyway, so pretty pointless unless you can get a key.

stevenw

Pro Rider
Mate if we ever find you and your mate there without permission, I can promise you that you will be charged with trespassing. The sign at the gate should be enough to warn you of illegal entry. This land is on private property and the last thing the Gold Coast Club need is idiots upsetting the owners.

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry to the people that were posting about tresspassing....
It is for the Gold Coast Club.
You know the meets... every month

stevenw

Pro Rider
Sorry to the people that were posting about tresspassing....
It is for the Gold Coast Club.
You know the meets... every month
Thanks for clarifying that up. I was hoping you were talking about the Social Days. We've had problems in the past of people trying to ride without permission and we have to do what we can to keep the owners happy. I know its hard for all mountain bikers to find a DH track to practice on and considering we produce some really good riders in this country, it amazes me how we can be so good when we don't have anywhere to ride that's not private land. Just been overseas and the amount of mountain bike parks is amazing. I wish the council could do the same for us.

sprocket

Likes Dirt
crumbs if the gold coast club had social days every month it would almost be worth re joining the club

stevenw

Pro Rider
crumbs if the gold coast club had social days every month it would almost be worth re joining the club
Well you better re-join the club because we've been having social days, the first Sunday of every month, for the last few months. X-Country social days is also on the same day. The next social day is the 7th September. You must pre enter though.

Here is the info:

GOLD COAST MOUNTAIN BIKE CLUB
XC RACE & DH OPEN DAY

Sunday 3 August 2008

Illinbah

Cross-Country Registration 7:30am Race Start 8:00am
Book on the Day $15

Downhill Open Day Must be Pre-booked and Pre-paid $45 to Book Buses no Exceptions
New: to Book On-Line Control + Click Below
https://twowheelpromotions.com.au/en...ce_rev12DD.php

Registration 7am First Shuttle 8am

Day License Required for Non MTBA Members [$15] try to bring correct change
Spectators Free

Also there will be a junior development Day held by Pro rider Katrina Miller: Contact Katrina on: 0417 752 714 or send her an email at info@bikesandbeans.com.au for more details.

Last edited:

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Steven,
I may or may not see you at the DH session, I am buying a new bike so if you do see me give us a shout, i May/May not be riding an 07 scott High Octane with 888's... (depends on the mood dads in :))
Yeh, I was talking about the social days, When i ment me and my friend.. What i really ment was just my friend... He has his own DH track which is about a 3 min run which is actually quite similar to Illanbah, I only know this as i have watched the videos of RD.. 3 i think it was of the sunshine series,
You know i really hope dads in a good mood as I can't get enough of downhill and i even stay awake at night thinking about riding!
Anyways if you do see me the bike is white/red and i might be with the beginners :D
Thanks Jordan