Gold digger.

moorey

call me Mia
Thought I’d already posted a PYR about this. Made some changes and came to update...but clearly I hadn’t done one.
Anyhoo, 11yo daughter has the gravity bug after doing local winter DH series last year. She was keen to try the Vic DH series this year, so a bigger bike was called for. She applied for and won a club junior development role and has done 2 rounds already. The treacherous Barjarg and the slippery Narbethong. She having a ball.
Gave the old girl a bit of colour today. Quinn isn’t into murdered out black, even though she loved it as it was.

Frame: 2013 patriot. 180mm travel.
Fork: Factory RC2 fit 180mm (previously 180 lyriks)
Shock: DHX5 with vorsprung corset upgrade. Previous monarch RC3+
Wheels: Hope Pro2 Evo on flow ex
Brakes: M785 XT
Rotors: RT75 203/180
Drivetrain: Zee shifter, mech and 165 cranks with 11-24 cassette.
Tyres: Dirty Dan super Gravity
Bars: Spank 720mm
Pedals: Hope F20 (thanks @JTmofo, these have done the rounds) previously nukeproof composite.

This weekends round is cancelled due to fires, but back on it next month for Baw Baw.

Was.

Now

Last edited:

safreek

Now that's just mad as, wish I was your daughter.
And it won't be possible to lose her on a ride with the orange. Not that I have ever heard one rattling along. To be honest I have never seen one in the flesh (or peel as it may be) but they look fantastic. Top job choom

moorey

call me Mia
Now that's just mad as, wish I was your daughter.
And it won't be possible to lose her on a ride with the orange. Not that I have ever heard one rattling along. To be honest I have never seen one in the flesh (or peel as it may be) but they look fantastic. Top job choom
Well, pretty much all of them are here .
She’s certainly picked up some confidence since jumping on it.

moorey

call me Mia
Fox on a Moorey's bike? What happened?

Sweet ride. You can tell Quinn at least one 50 y.o is jealous of her bike.
They are a beautiful fork. Just fitted an extra soft spring to them today. @dh1 traded them to me ages ago. Don’t tell @safreek what I gave him for them.

Edit. Ok, you twisted my arm. Zeb is one of the best humans on the planet. Wanted to give him this, wouldn’t just take it, so I agreed to swap some forks.

Last edited:

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
It’s an aftermarket air can and some sort of wizardry that Vorsprung do.
Lent the standard shock to a mate to take os, he blew it up and returned it repaired with a fancy upgrade.
Got a better piccy? It looks mad from what I can see.

safreek

Yeah, bought new in 04. One of only 2 new bikes I’ve ever owned.
Raced it 2 seasons, kids came along, it’s been in the rafters most of the last 15 years. Zeb will treat it better than me
Mr Richie Rich, must be rolling in the loot. Just rub it in:)
I guess the benefit of me liking 26 inch means I never need to buy s new bike. It doesn't worry me.
At least you got it when bikes were real

moorey

call me Mia
Mr Richie Rich, must be rolling in the loot. Just rub it in:)
I guess the benefit of me liking 26 inch means I never need to buy s new bike. It doesn't worry me.
At least you got it when bikes were real
Back in those days we had double income, no kids, no mortgage, and I could get wholesale on bikes.
These days it’s saving and scraping the cash together for a well used frames to build up. Enjoying it more than I ever did buying new.