Golf

brodes

Likes Dirt
I played golf today and was wondering if anyone else who rides does aswell. I reckon its a pretty fun game. Where do u play and what sort of scores do u get??
cheers

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Ive only ever played mini golf. I reckon golf looks shit boring. Could be fun if i actually gave it a try.

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i havent played golf in over two years.
Used to get out with amtes almost everyweekend and play 18. usually ended up with about 20 over but i didn't really care that much about scores. Good way to get excersise and hang out with mates on a nice sunday arvo. [/memories]

chrus

Likes Dirt
Myself, b_there_soon and LEX played last week. We got some stupid pictures hahaha post some later..

DJ_Robbie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah i play golf, have done for ages, havent played for bout 6 months now, i used to play competition but chose to give it up coz it was sooo boring playing against old people (70+)'s there was like 3 people under 20, when i play wif mates its sick fun though, i usually avereage a score of soemthing round 100 for 18 holes on a relatively tough course, next time some melbourne farkiners are going for a round i'll come if youse are up for it, make it a farkin golf outing, great fun.

wombat

Lives in a hole
I used to play a fair bit of golf but havent touched the clubs in about 6 months, due to a lack of time and a lack of playing partners. It might not be everyones cup of tea but I love a round with a few mates, great way to chill out on the weekend.

As for how I'd go; well on a good day I could get through your average 18 not much more than 10 over, on a bad day I'd be that far over before 9 and would spend the back 9 trying to hit random objects :oops:

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ahh yes, golf.... I used to play that...

I hated the fucken sport, I did absoloutly nothing for me, no rush of adrenaline I love...
My record was getting to the 7th hole with out throwing a club.

notobe

Likes Dirt
Closest i get to golf is getting my clubs and hitting apples and passionfruits off the edge of the cliff i live on..

finny_447

Likes Dirt
golf is a great game but it sometime can be so bloody dame frustrating yes it is shit to watch put it is fun to play, my scores are pretty bad though

LEX

Likes Dirt
HAHAH as chrus said we played golf last wee. We all averaged about 4 over par in every hole :oops: .

b_there_soo 1st =124
Lex 2nd = 125
Chrus 3rd = 132

This was on a par 70 course :oops: :p

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
I am a memeber at concorde, but i think i've only played once in the 3 years i've been there. I just find it boring as all hell, but at least by getting membership as a junior i get cheaper fees and i don't have to wait for 10 years when i'm 40

ellemenophee

Likes Bikes
Yeah Golf is good.
I have some Wilson " fat shaft " clubs.
As the foursome waits b4 hitting off on the first i'll be the guy with all the " i've got a fat shaft....wanna see me whip it out ? " & every other comment i can use to lighten the mood. Golf is fun...but i don't take it seriously.
The 7-8 k walk is good. I still imagine the bunkers as kickers & transitions- that never ceases. Lots of imaginary MTB ridingtakes place as i walk after that little ball. Some nice gaps with areas to pump thru.

You won't ever survive if you get caught riding on a course. Don't do it.

As a member here says " they call it Golf, -cos all the other 4 letter words were taken ".

Beers afterwards are the key to it ALL !

wombat

Lives in a hole
Well looks I'm out for my first round in many months, tommorrow. Just a quick 9 after work before we watch Bledisloe and head out to a party, sounds like a pretty nice day of leisure to me 8) .

arnott

Likes Bikes and Dirt
im a member at avondale golf club in sydney pymble, golf is a great game, very time consuming and can be extremely frustrating when mistakes happen.i played the other day with brodes and had good fun.

dylma

Likes Dirt
yeh i play golf regulary, good fun. i also love the driving range, especially when the ball collector car is out collecting :lol: :lol: hours of enjoyment.

golf can be frustrating as mentioned before but you gotta be loose and relaxed, its 50% skill, 1% clubs, and 49% patience.

Cheazy

Likes Dirt
ive played heaps of golf this hols and ive really started to get into it, its a pretty good game plus it gives u somthin else to do if u eva get ova riding... :roll: