Good deal on Assos bibs !

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Though I would post this up here, https://www.tbe.com.au/search.asp?mc=3&c=176&sc=859&b=811&slf=1

Arguably some of the best bibs around, definitely my favourites for long endurance races/rides or multi day stage races.

They have the S7 t.campionissimo for $259... nearly $350 off the rrp of $599, that's the usual price of the t.equipes here.

I already own a pair of t.equipe and t.cento which were bought for the 2015 Simpson Desert race after ass issues in 2014. I always wondered what kind of person would buy $599 bib shorts... at $259 it was too good to miss. I've never seen them this cheap, + free postage.

Its a lot of $$$ but if you like Assos, these prices are unmissable.

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I'd feel dirty buying them, but what is the sizing comparable with ? E.g. Versus Sportful, Santini, Pearl Izumi

Well, I just read the blurb in the ad for the model you mentioned. What a wank ! I dare not quote. Why do they have to ruin a (probably) top notch product with that description?

Last edited:

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Thanks for the heads-up on that OzzyBMX. Great prices. Assos are expensive, but they last a long time and are fantastically comfortable on the longer rides.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Only available in M and 2XL, shame. Im keen to try Assos bibs given their reputation but not at their rrp thats for sure!

Travis.

ozzybmx

Yes, don't read too much into their names of their different technologies, kuku penthouse, golden gate ect... they are pretty smart ideas with silly names.

Sizing, I wear a large in all bibs/shorts - Santini, Shimano, GoreBikeWear, DeSoto, Pearl Izumi, Garneau, Assos, DHB, Ground Effect, Altura and numerous custom kits like ChampSys. The only Large that has not fitted me so far are Mavic, could have went an XL easily or even an XXL with the tightness of them on my nuts and shoulders.

I also own a pair of Ground Effect Exocets, the originals were from about 4-5 years ago, replaced on warranty after about 18 months as the chamois came apart (apparently they had that issue with the glue on the first gen exocets) and while the shorts themselves are beautifully made, the 12 section chamois is nothing special at all. Another issue is the pad sits too high even for an upright MTB position. A great NZ brand with awesome clothing but their shorts comfort is not even in the same league as Assos IMO.

ozzybmx

Only available in M and 2XL, shame. Im keen to try Assos bibs given their reputation but not at their rrp thats for sure!

Travis.
Damn, they must be moving fast. I told a mate yesterday and they still had the t.campionissimo in the full size range.

Next I would go for t.equipes, nice compression with a tailored front section for your meat and veg rather than the penthouse cutout section the t.centos and t.campionissimos have, very comfortable shorts. Touted as race shorts but I rode the the 205km Flinders Outback Epic MTB race in them for 10hrs and got off the bike with a fresh ass.

John U

MTB Precision
I also own a pair of Ground Effect Exocets, the originals were from about 4-5 years ago, replaced on warranty after about 18 months as the chamois came apart (apparently they had that issue with the glue on the first gen exocets) and while the shorts themselves are beautifully made, the 12 section chamois is nothing special at all. Another issue is the pad sits too high even for an upright MTB position. A great NZ brand with awesome clothing but their shorts comfort is not even in the same league as Assos IMO.
Yeah, I haven't assessed their longevity yet. After owning them for about 2 weeks I took a bit of a gamble and started my first 24 hour solo effort wearing the Exocets. I didn't notice them at all. I reckon I could've got away with wearing for the whole 24 hours. I'll be buying a 2nd pair as back up for this years effort.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Damn, they must be moving fast. I told a mate yesterday and they still had the t.campionissimo in the full size range.
Bugger, yeh it was about 2am when i looked and only the 2 sizes left.

I have been using the Sugoi rs pro bib shorts this last year and im starting to think its them not me... Never had issues in the passed but now after many years off the pushies and gaining plenty of kg's i find after each ride im in a world of hurt. Doesnt seem to matter if its a 1hr ride or a 5hr ride, during the ride im comfortable as can be. Once ive stopped it starts to set in...

Ive started using the Assos cream but not really convinced its achieving much. Hence of late ive started thinking perhaps i should try another brand of bibs. (Any thoughts on the sugoi rs pro bib shorts and whats similar / different, what brand should try next?)

Travis.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Must say, Sportful body fit pro (got two sets) have been super comfy and durable for the past 2 yrs.

Hard to share recommendations for knicks though, much like shoes or helmets, such a personal fit item.