Good saddle that isn't SMP

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
My SMP 209 Lite saddle is fantastic for long days in, well, the saddle, but it's really uncomfortable if I want to ride anywhere without getting kitted up. My ride to work is 3km and on the weekend, I don't really want to get kitted up to ride the bike paths with my partner, so its often the case I'll jump on the roadie in tennis shorts.
I had a Fabric Scoop saddle before the SMP and it was cutting of vital blood flow. In another life I had a Bontrager XXX saddle which was minimal, but more comfortable without knicks than the SMP.

Am I asking too much of one saddle, or do i just need to do more time in the saddle to adjust?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Try a SMP hybrid. I use a Dynamic for the roadie but find the Hybrid better for the mtb and just tooling around.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
There'll be something in the Ergon range that should suit. I run a couple of the SM series saddles on the hardtail and road/gravel bikes but if you want a bit more then their ST touring saddle could be a goer.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I ride between jobs in Yakka style work pants, and my old Selle Italia SLR Flow (with the cut out) and my Bontrager Paradigm also with a cut out both work for me. They both very flat compared to a SMP though

Flow-Rider

Burner
2nd what Oddjob said, best cruiser saddle I have ever owned and I'll add I've done a couple of centuries on it.

Elbo

Thanks guys. I've ordered an SMP Hybrid to give it a go. Sounds promising as it says it's based on a 209 Lite with more padding.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Bikeyoke are releasing a saddle. There is many marketings to be digested.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Thanks guys. I've ordered an SMP Hybrid to give it a go. Sounds promising as it says it's based on a 209 Lite with more padding.
How did you go with the Hybrid?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Elbo

How did you go with the Hybrid?
Funnily enough, in the midst of planning a wedding, I'm pretty sure I've still got the tab open in my browser waiting to confirm the order. I'll actually get one at some point and will let you know how it goes!