Got any stock ? Looking for a component ? Its in stock !

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Not so much that it's narrower, rather the inner link plates are longer, so they extend past the rollers rather than being flush. Basically the wide part of the outer link space is shorter than a normal chain, so it doesn't fit on the fat teeth of chainrings that aren't designed for it. You can run non-Shimano chains on the Shimano-spec rings, but other shaping details mean they don't grab quite as nicely on the cassette ramps when shifting.
Cheers ! Was thinking if you would chime in when I was typing the above out.

Might have to go the Shimano ring and eventually some spare Shimano chains.

Suppose I can run a KMC chain on the Shimano setup if needed but not Shimano chain on a non Shimano chainring.

Then again, I'm changing the Shimano cassette for an eThirteen helix so my rear shifting will be different anyway.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Anyone seen any good centerlock rotors in stock? MT800/900 or nice ones from other brands. Sub request: are the Galfer rotors any good?

ozzybmx

Nice, thanks. Forgot to say need 180 and 203. Hadn't come across anywhere that had stock of both of either 800 or 900.
When I built my Highlander, I was nearly shocked to see BikeBug had full stock of nearly every advertised rotor, 6 bolt and CL.

I put the same 203/180 MT800's on it.

ozzybmx

Building the Paradox recently I couldn't find dick all in 203 so having to run 180 at the moment.
MT800-203mm in stock. Book early to avoid disappointment ;)

I shafted myself on a couple of occasions, though ahhh nice theses are back in stock at last, just to see them all sold the next day.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Unusual to get them supplied with external-spline lockrings, normally the rotors come with standard internal-spline rings, and external come with the hubs.
Arent all 15mm and 20mm hubs external?? Or was I just lucky? I had a really witty reply to @Tubbsy not finding dick in 203mm but it sounded better in my head than what I actually wrote.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Arent all 15mm and 20mm hubs external?? Or was I just lucky? I had a really witty reply to @Tubbsy not finding dick in 203mm but it sounded better in my head than what I actually wrote.
Yes, but rotors don't know what hubs they're going on. There are still plenty of hubs around that don't need external spline rings, therefore the default supplied lockring is still usually internal spline.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone seen any good centerlock rotors in stock? MT800/900 or nice ones from other brands. Sub request: are the Galfer rotors any good?
I believe I have a spare centrelock 203mm MT800 somewhere if you're interested.

Edit: Nevermind, can't seem to find it - may have already sold it.

Last edited:

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Looks like eightyone spices have all sizes of Formula rotors:

ozzybmx

Where is the chain hotspot at the moment ?

I have used 4 x 12spd chains in the last few weeks, #2 son needed a new cable this afternoon and a quick check put him very near 0.75mm... another one gone.

My stocks are down to 1 x 12, 2 x 11s and 2 x10s :oops:

They were lifting them and taking them to races as spares and not returning them to the drawer, I have found brand new chains laying places that they shouldn't be in the past.

Everyone has denied touching any since the last time I read them the riot act.

Little #%&#$@% cost me a fortune.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Where is the chain hotspot at the moment ?

I have used 4 x 12spd chains in the last few weeks, #2 son needed a new cable this afternoon and a quick check put him very near 0.75mm... another one gone.

My stocks are down to 1 x 12, 2 x 11s and 2 x10s :oops:

They were lifting them and taking them to races as spares and not returning them to the drawer, I have found brand new chains laying places that they shouldn't be in the past.

Everyone has denied touching any since the last time I read them the riot act.

Little #%&#$@% cost me a fortune.
BB
https://www.bikebug.com/shimano-xtr-m9100-12-speed-chain-with-quick-link-p-95304.html $89

https://www.bikebug.com/shimano-xt-cn-m8100-12-speed-chain-with-quick-link.html $59